Dreamliner.....AGAIN........what to do?

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Booked a holiday to spain with Thomson at the begining of this year for May, paid a deposit and all but had to cancel last minute due to family illness, no bother Thomson said your deposit is safe so long as you book with us later in the year....Great!

Anyway, things have moved on a bit with Mrs crank and spain is no longer good enough, shes booked a holiday to Jamaica near the end of the year - all well and good till she showed me the brochure - every long haul flight with Thomson it seems is on a Dreamliner and i just don't trust that plane, its one thing after another, battery fires, emergency landings, smoke in cockpit....will it end in a crash...who knows

Not happy! :(

Sponsored Links
Booked a holiday to spain with Thomson at the begining of this year for May, paid a deposit and all but had to cancel last minute due to family illness, no bother Thomson said your deposit is safe so long as you book with us later in the year....Great!

Anyway, things have moved on a bit with Mrs crank and spain is no longer good enough, shes booked a holiday to Jamaica near the end of the year - all well and good till she showed me the brochure - every long haul flight with Thomson it seems is on a Dreamliner and i just don't trust that plane, its one thing after another, battery fires, emergency landings, smoke in cockpit....will it end in a crash...who knows

I guess the 787 will come under further scrutiny and if necessary grounded by the relevant authorities.

And as if by magic another one catches fire today on the stand at Heathrow and another diverted to Manchester with mechanical problems all within hours of each other :eek:, even Mrs crank is worried now!

I guess the 787 will come under further scrutiny and if necessary grounded by the relevant authorities.

That wouldn't go down too well with our American friends, pressure might be brought to bear.

Sponsored Links
Well they have been grounded already, so I don't see that eventuality as impossible again.

Apparently one has just had to abort a flight and return to manchester within the last hour, don't know why.
edit..........sorry crank, didn't see your post.

Apparently one has just had to abort a flight and return to manchester within the last hour, don't know why.
edit..........sorry crank, didn't see your post.

Yeah its a Thomson one as well, they've ordered 50 of the bleeders too, virgin look set to buy a load too, all i can say is get your holidays in quick before all the airlines or travel operators have em! :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, you've probably still got more chance of being killed in Jamaica than you have on the flight over there. :LOL:

These should put your mind at ease, the first one especially.

Why would anyone pay to go to Jamaica? I'd pay not to go.

I don't understand why anyone would go there. You can't leave the resort without an armed guard. :rolleyes:

I wasn't planning on leaving the resort, gonna sit on the private beach under a palm tree sipping beer for 10 days

Sponsored Links
Back