Interesting 9/11 facts to feed the paranoid

johnny_t said:
noodlz said:
Make sure you're wearing your tin-foil undies this time, Johnny_t :LOL: ;)

Most plans that I make for 'little johnny' usually end up getting foiled anyway :(

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not read the quote below, before you have read the full disclaimer below and accepted its terms and conditions in full.

Ah, kids eh? Who'd have 'em? 'Little johnny' needs his quality time too!
However, was refering to your satelite mind probe and the fact that you may well have been talking out of where the sun don't shine :D

Disclaimer - The above reply was plainly purely puerile in nature and must not to be taken seriously, as it was intended as a joke. If this was not taken to be jocular by any party, it is the author's assertion that no malice of forethought was intended. Shall any party reading the response feel aggrieved or hurt in any way, the author accepts no liability for said condition. Should the reading of the above post lead to injury or death this is solely the responsibility of the reader and shall not be attributed to the author in any way, shape or form.

Sponsored Links
noodlz said:
Disclaimer - The above reply was plainly purely puerile in nature and must not to be taken seriously, as it was intended as a joke. If this was not taken to be jocular by any party, it is the author's assertion that no malice of forethought was intended. Shall any party reading the response feel aggrieved or hurt in any way, the author accepts no liability for said condition. Should the reading of the above post lead to injury or death this is solely the responsibility of the reader and shall not be attributed to the author in any way, shape or form.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:
I'm afraid you're all missing the point.

Fear not my good BAS...I did not miss the point...and I agree with you wholeheartedly that certain misinformation such as that can potentially be dangerous if viewed by some. I have pointed out the flaws in things like this many times to many people and depending on the situation and the person involved, explained my reasoning to a greater or lesser extent as to why it was so insidious. With this I have no issue with you and support your position.

However, it is your response that I felt was out of proportion. We all make mistakes...some big, some small, but most have the capacity for redemption. If every transgression alerts the BASometer to red, it leaves little scope for the person being able to see the error of their ways or change. I do think you have a brilliant mind and speak a lot of very good sense, but just thought maybe you could see to cutting some guys some slack every once in a while. If you would have explained your reasoning without the forcefulness of putting your point, from some people you would have achieved just as good a result, if not better. Maybe keep your powder dry for those that really deserve it...many will wholeheartedly support you.

noodlz said:
johnny_t said:
noodlz said:
Make sure you're wearing your tin-foil undies this time, Johnny_t :LOL: ;)

Most plans that I make for 'little johnny' usually end up getting foiled anyway :(

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not read the quote below, before you have read the full disclaimer below and accepted its terms and conditions in full.

Ah, kids eh? Who'd have 'em? 'Little johnny' needs his quality time too!
However, was refering to your satelite mind probe and the fact that you may well have been talking out of where the sun don't shine :D

Damn,
I looked at it as I scrolled down to read the disclaimer,I am sure I will be able to recall all of it at my next appointment with my hypnotist
So I can still blame you for it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Gary_M said:
Hmmm, seem to be a lot of inconsistencies in what you are saying BAS. On one hand you are highlighting how 'rumours/mis-judgements' should never happen as they can lead to a person/s being targetted by others, and then you call me a 'dangerous' person. Is this not just rumour spreading based on a total lack of evidence and your inaccurate assumptions?
It would be if the evidence, i.e. your post, was not there in black and pale blue.

Bearing this in mind, it has made everything you have written invalid as you have demonstrated that you are more than ready to make, and pass on judgements about a person (which would appear to be the exact thing that you were trying to argue should never happen) :rolleyes:
It would be if what I had written was based on somebody saying to me "Did you hear? I've been told that Gary wrote <blah blah blah>"

B-A-S : Some questions to you based on replies to my posts..........

1. Do you feel that you always need to get the last word in, and if so, why do you do think you do this?

2. Do you think that on occasions you might discredit people's intelligence by assuming that they are ignorant of manipulative behaviours and manipulation of words?

3. Do you think that your manner could be viewed as being very antagonistic and patronising?

4. Do you feel that you are a very defensive person?

5. What do you feel that you have achieved from your postings on this topic? (in terms of positive contribution)

6. How successful have you been so far in achieving what you set out to achieve (again in relation to this post) and how are you measuring your rate of success?

7. How do you want other people to 'view' you as a person?

8. Do you see yourself as an assertive person or an aggressive person?

9. How do you typically react if something hasn't 'gone your way'? and Do you think this reaction is the best method for dealing with an issue?

10. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Noodlz.
I am greatly offended by your disclaimer. It suggests that I am incapable of realising the difference of what is serious and what is , in your words puerile.
It affected me greatly at a time when I was already under severe stress due to other reasons, so much that I have had to visit my therapist at considerable expense.
Could you please refrain from making these comments or at the very least put a disclaimer on your disclaimer.

Gary_M said:
B-A-S : Some questions to you based on replies to my posts..........

1. Do you feel that you always need to get the last word in, and if so, why do you do think you do this?
No.

2. Do you think that on occasions you might discredit people's intelligence by assuming that they are ignorant of manipulative behaviours and manipulation of words?
No, but I might sometimes ascribe to lack of ability behaviour which is actually due to lack of care or lack of interest in doing things properly.

3. Do you think that your manner could be viewed as being very antagonistic and patronising?
I never set out to engender hostility, but there is a limit to how much I can beat around the bush and still make my point, forcefully if need be, and directly. As for patronising, if I fear that I'll be misinterpreted that way then I'll include an appropriate disclaimer.

4. Do you feel that you are a very defensive person?
No

5. What do you feel that you have achieved from your postings on this topic? (in terms of positive contribution)
To make people aware of the generic issue of forwarding or re-posting material without bothering to check if it is true or accurate.

6. How successful have you been so far in achieving what you set out to achieve (again in relation to this post) and how are you measuring your rate of success?
No idea, and I'm not.

7. How do you want other people to 'view' you as a person?
Principled, helpful, knowledgeable, witty, intelligent. Scientist and Saint.

8. Do you see yourself as an assertive person or an aggressive person?
Assertive.

9. How do you typically react if something hasn't 'gone your way'? and Do you think this reaction is the best method for dealing with an issue?
It varies, and not always.

10. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
+: Principled, helpful, knowledgeable, witty, intelligent.
-: Don't suffer fools gladly, poor time management, too much precision.

Thank you for your civil answers.

The main one that I would pick up on is your answer to question 8. Assertive or Aggressive?

Assertiveness is the ability of a person to state their point of view without dis-respecting a person or offending them. Anything other than this is considered as aggressive. Perhaps you haven't though about it like that before, but just look at any post made by anyone that has not shown respect for someone/something and check the replies. Calling someone 'dangerous' or a 'fool' is DEFINITELY not assertive.

When the majority of people are confronted with aggression, they become defensive. When a person reaches a certain level of defensiveness they begin to make things personal against their perceived 'attacker'. If you want an explanation from a physiologial point of view - the easiest way is is to look at the parts of the brain that are involved in each situation. The cortex is the 'rational-thinking' sector. The amygdala will usually process information in a non-rational manner. If you have made someone defensive (or angry) or even stressed, then it is more likely they will be processing information and responding through the amygdala and their reply will be aggressive or abusive. From a psychological viewpoint, the person has invoked a catch 22 situation - i.e other person becomes defensive and retaliates - it now transgresses from the original point to that of a win-win situation - both people now feel that there intergity has been threatened and want to come out on top, so the situation goes on and on and on - and it is very unlikely to yield a positive outcome !!

Of course, there will always be the person who deliberately manipulates a situation to cause aggressive repsonses in others - either for thier own personal amusement/excitement or to feed their feelings of supremecy - but these people are usually very easy to spot.

So, the moral of the story is - if you want an efficient and effective debate that is likely to lead to some sort of conclusion, always be assertive and never aggressive :D

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

To Splinter and DrSpock

I was most distressed to have read your posts about my post and saddened to hear that you may consider allocating blame at my door. Upon the wise advice of Mr Joker-90 I have instructed Mr Rupert Bear to act as my brief...I have it on good authority, although not in practice for some time, from every quarter I hear good things of him, although his dress sense is somewhat garish, nonetheless, it is widely acknowleged that everyone knows his name! I feel it my duty to warn you that he has a sore head, so please, for your own sakes, tread carefully. May I suggest if you wish to discuss this matter with him personally, bring a pot of honey...or is it marmalade?

I would like to say that I am sorry for any present or future problems you claim to derive from reading or not reading my disclaimer or its associated post, but I have been informed by my counsel that this is not possible as this might be construed as an admission of guilt, which would be incongrouous with the fact the I am totally innocent of any possible charge.

Nevertheless, my counsel informs me that we should initiate proceedings against both of you, the charge will be decieded upon at a later date, but the important thing is that we initiate a pre-emptive strike. Mr Bear calls this the Bush defence and has seen many a potential enemy too Bushed to respond. It may be of interest to note that this tactic is also applied to medicine where a doctor undrtakes an exploratory operation on a woman, and having found nothing wrong with the womb, removes it...just in case, as, if the womb were to become diseased later, the surgeon may be open to litigation...this way, no womb, no future suit :D

A famous Bush-doctor, when faced with the problem of a stuck pretzel in his patient's orifice decided, for safety's sake, to remove both pretzel and brain...said patient recovered fully and no-one has noticed the difference.

In future please address all correspondence regarding this matter to my representative:

Rupert T. Bear, Nutwood

as I will be unable to respond personally.

Yours disclaimingly
Noodlz

Little boy: "Hey mister...knock knock?"

BAS: "Whos there?"

Little boy: "Doctor"

BAS: "Doctor who"

Little boy: "No...not Doctor who...Doctor Doolittle..ha ha"

BAS: "Well you might think its funny but I dont, you pathetic fool, for a start Doctor who and Doctor Doolittle are both fictional characters so they wouldnt be knocking on the door in real life would they you cretinous oik...and if they were real, why would they knock on my or your door anyway?"

Little boy: "But its a joke mister"

BAS:"I dont care what you think it is, your opinion counts for nothing and im ignoring it.
Now answer the question (he wont) why do you think he would deem you so important that he would knock on your door and not mine"

Little boy: "Well, you know, hes a timelord..he can knock on loads of doors"

BAS: And why have you totally ignored the Daleks?...I'll tell you why...because they are in the minority and your a facist anti Dalek Nazi bigot thats why"

Little boy: "So you believe in the Daleks then mister"

BAS: "Dont try and put words in my mouth I didnt say that"

Little boy: :cry:

Zampa said:
Little boy: "Hey mister...knock knock?"

BAS: "Whos there?"

Little boy: "Doctor"

BAS: "Doctor who"

Little boy: "No...not Doctor who...Doctor Doolittle..ha ha"

BAS: "Well you might think its funny but I dont, you pathetic fool, for a start Doctor who and Doctor Doolittle are both fictional characters so they wouldnt be knocking on the door in real life would they you cretinous oik...and if they were real, why would they knock on my or your door anyway?"

Little boy: "But its a joke mister"

BAS:"I dont care what you think it is, your opinion counts for nothing and im ignoring it.
Now answer the question (he wont) why do you think he would deem you so important that he would knock on your door and not mine"

Little boy: "Well, you know, hes a timelord..he can knock on loads of doors"

BAS: And why have you totally ignored the Daleks?...I'll tell you why...because they are in the minority and your a facist anti Dalek Nazi bigot thats why"

Little boy: "So you believe in the Daleks then mister"

BAS: "Dont try and put words in my mouth I didnt say that"

Little boy: :cry:

...and I thought my imagination was running wild :eek:

Is the "little boy" you in this scenario, Zampa? Freud, I'm sure would've loved to analyse your little story, but fear you may not have liked it with equal measure. Just a thought ;)

Nah..just a bit of observational 'humour' (or humus as they say in greece) to while away the wee small hours.

Clement or Emma?.

Sponsored Links
Back