A Simple techniqe to Scramble your important PIN numbers

I use a better method, I simply remember my pin

eg, if my pin was 2468.....I would simply remember 2468 ;)

Sponsored Links
Oh well, not everyone is born alike, otherwise we would all be Prme Ministers and there wouldn't be any voters!

Take for instance, i have a fire safe for storing legal and important documents, I don't need to get into it for years on end, and one can easily forget its pin number after a long while, same with my credit card, which I only use if for some reason my Debit card fails to complete a transaction due to some technical reason rather than say lack of funds, and many a times by not using my credit cards regularly I often forget my Pin numbers.

Best method to remember pin numbers is to change the pin number generated by your bank's computer is to change into something one can remember more easier, like this number could be some digits out of your phone number, or even part of the long card number.

I never worry about someone knowing my pin and accessing my account. If they did they would be severely disappointed and would probably end up giving me a few bob because they felt sorry for me :LOL:

I think most of us have poignant numbers in our lives. For instance, I grew up using two bus services and see them all the time. Even if I got dementia I'd never forget them. They are a two digit number so together I'll have my four digit number code. If I had a senior moment and had to ask for a clue, the word 'buses' would only mean one thing to me.

These nemonics can be used in all walks of life. I meet many people in my work; so I can be somewhere and told "this is Ralph, and meet Jack" etc. Since I have other things to do and think about, if I dont attach a nemonic I'll embarrass myself in no time asking who they are.

So as soon as we're introduced I think of someone famous or anything to exaggerate their name or face to help. In my example, I'd think of Ralph McTell, the singer and incredible guitar player, or the big American store called Ralphs which I loved to use. And Jack might be in a box and I'll visualise him 'in a box'.

Cheers Mike. Just a bit too heavy for me. Liked the XOR. Did so much with the old CMOS and TTL. ..

Sponsored Links
many wouldn't know how to XOR a decimal number, but it would be much easier in a Binary system, where this function is known as exclusive OR gating, the truth table for which is

0 0 0
1 0 1
0 1 1
1 1 0

I can't see how this would work on 4 digit decimal numbers being encrypted.

XOR your 4 digit number with any number of your choice. Note the result. To get back to your simply XOR the result with the number of your choice again.

Eg your pin is 1234 and say date of birth is 15/10/85

Then 1234 ^ 151085 = 150271

150271 ^ 151085 = 1234

Beauty of this method, is 1) is very simple and you can generate numbers that don't look like a PIN.

Even better if you choose your phone number, the result of the first XOR still looks like your mobile or landline number, ie will start 07 or 01nnn but will have your PIN embedded in it.

What I used to do was to carry a card in my wallet with a grid containing all 26 letters, each alongside a digit from 0 to 9.

I just had to remember a memorable name, perhaps a composer - mine was BACH - and instantly read off the PIN. That, obviously, was a 4-digit PIN, but names can be any length really.

Now I don't bother; I just remember my old 8-digit service number which no-one but I (and possibly some dusty old file in Whitehall) know!

EddieM, Only thing is, though it is a good idea, one needs a scientific calculator to do this function as it would be almost impossible to do it without one.

A number has to be converted into a binary firts and then xor'ed with another number that has also been converted into binary, and the result in a binary then has to be reconverted back into decimal, without a calculator it would take ages, not everyone has a scientific calculators, though i agree it is another good method to scramble or encrypt numbers.

EddieM, Only thing is, though it is a good idea, one needs a scientific calculator to do this function as it would be almost impossible to do it without one.

A number has to be converted into a binary firts and then xor'ed with another number that has also been converted into binary, and the result in a binary then has to be reconverted back into decimal, without a calculator it would take ages, not everyone has a scientific calculators, though i agree it is another good method to scramble or encrypt numbers.

Plenty of free apps that can do this on any recently modern smartphone. I don't really think your method is particularly easy to do in your head either to be honest and its a bit convoluted.

Hey, I'm going to change my pin to 0000.

Easy to remember.

It's based on the number of people RH has rescued from racial oppression. :LOL:

I remember my pass, my 16 credit card number , auth code, bank sort code and account numbers [three accounts]without problem. The joys of being slightly autistic.
If only I could remember to hide my wallet from the Mrs.

:LOL:

All I was saying, trying to say, was that there's a way of doing 'e-things', (names, numbers, alpha-numeric etc.), whereby you can come up with something very special and as unique and un-hackable as it gets.

I hate going on forums, energy providers, bank accounts.... But I have a way of using 'my way' with the account :rolleyes:

It's easy to remember, so long as you have some poignant memories. I could tell you but I'd have to kill you, sort of thing.. :rolleyes:

I remember my pass, my 16 credit card number , auth code, bank sort code and account numbers [three accounts]without problem. The joys of being slightly autistic.
If only I could remember to hide my wallet from the Mrs.

My first wife assures me that I'm slightly autistic too.

So why, then, can I remember bugger all?

Sponsored Links
Back