So, who thinks their plans may change due to Coronavirus?

Sponsored Links
My son who works at Fords has just been told they are shutting for a month from tonight. They’re all on full pay though. What will happen after the month is up will be another matter though.

Does he work at Dunton or Daggers?

Sponsored Links
I know.
There was a superb documentary about it last year, not just the history of Dagenham but the cars we all grew up with.

Was also home to the last Ford car to roll off a British production line, I think it was a Fiesta in 2005.

Yeah plus manufacturers of Merlin engines in WW2.

I didn't know that, they had two lorry plants in Langley where I grew up, the plants were once owned by Hawker who built Hurricanes there.

It's a funny old life. After the above, I cracked open a bottle of wine and fired up Netflix, after the usual 15 mins of searching through films, I stumbled on 'Made in Dagenham'.
Seen it before, about the women workers at Ford striking for equal pay, watched it again and enjoyed it just as much as last time. Great film.

We had a touring company come to our local theatre in Hornchurch, Essex - not a million miles from Dagenham and with more than a few ex-Ford employees in the audience, to put on that production and we went to see it. Was very good and I forget which character but there was an old woman in the cast and every time they said the word 'Management' she shouted 'Bas-tards! By the end of the play, most of the audience were joining in too. :ROFLMAO:

"""""""So, who thinks their plans may change due to the virus""""""

THat is how fast things have moved in a week!..Everyones plans have now changed.

"""""""So, who thinks their plans may change due to the virus""""""

THat is how fast things have moved in a week!..Everyones plans have now changed.

I know, 2 weeks back we were all wondering if our holidays might get cancelled and now we are wondering if next week we even be allowed outside out home to exercise.

It was only a month back we were worrying about flooding.

I was moaning last week that I had too much work on, that's no longer the case. 80% of my work tends to be indoors and people don't want you in their houses which is perfectly understandable.

Sponsored Links
Back