So, who thinks their plans may change due to Coronavirus?

Sponsored Links
I have a Normandy D-Day tour booked for June and a Turkey holiday booked for Sep. Both were booked pre-coronovirus scare so insurance should cover any mandatory cancellations. I believe all new travel insurance will not include coronovirus risks.
We were also considering Antigua for Jan 2021, but somewhat wary about whether to commit.

Just heard from a mate in Spain. All the bars, restaurants, markets etc are closing from midnight tonight. The wife is booked to go out with her mates in June (rebooked from last year when it was cancelled due to storms/floods), we’re both booked for Barcelona in July and I’ve got a motorcycle fly/ride holiday with my mates in Malaga in October.

Just heard from a mate in Spain. All the bars, restaurants, markets etc are closing from midnight tonight.

The Home Office is only advising not to travel to certain hot spots in Spain. There is no restriction for example for the Mediterranean resorts. Are ALL establishments closing? it would be very dull beach holiday on the Costa Del Sol without the proverbial cocktail :(

Sponsored Links
I have a Normandy D-Day tour booked for June and a Turkey holiday booked for Sep. Both were booked pre-coronovirus scare so insurance should cover any mandatory cancellations. I believe all new travel insurance will not include coronovirus risks.
We were also considering Antigua for Jan 2021, but somewhat wary about whether to commit.

Ive always wanted to do a Normandy D-day tour. I hope you are able to go, if you do, Id be interested in your feedback.

You might be ok by June, but if course France mightve cancelled it sooner.

As the Spanish authorities are taking such drastic measures, you would think they would ban incoming flights. Travel insurance would not cover any voluntary cancellations due to bars/restaurant closures. It will be interesting to see how the travel industry react. When is an advertised holiday package, no longer considered a holiday?

Just heard from a relative the lives in Catalunya
that its closing at midnight and nobody in or out!

Anyone on here been affected yet or think they may be changing their plans due to the virus
Nope, not allowed to. The lefties won't permit any change of mind or plans. Just make one plan and stick to it until you keel over. It's the law. JDs law IIRC.

Reports suggest? That one side affect of this virus is yer Hampton gets bigger??

As the Spanish authorities are taking such drastic measures, you would think they would ban incoming flights.
Jet 2 have taken it upon themselves to cancel all flights to Spain, turning round planes in mid air. I wonder how long others will take to follow? If they do, I bet Ryanair are the last to do so!

My iphone needs a new battery and all apple stores shut. Might be a good time to get a good deal on a new contract as the shops quite empty. It will remind the old timers of the wakes holidays soon when everywhere shut.

I once worked in Paisley, and when I arrived on the Monday morning, found it was shut.

Potato picking local holiday.

Sponsored Links
Back