So, who thinks their plans may change due to Coronavirus?

I was moaning last week that I had too much work on, that's no longer the case. 80% of my work tends to be indoors and people don't want you in their houses which is perfectly understandable.
Are you a carpenter / joiner?

Sponsored Links
We have had some non essential work cancelled

But are still. Going into props

Went to 2 elderly people's props yesterday.
No. Heating no. Hot water
What are they supposed to do?

Got one old boy next week new boiler needed
Urgently

Land Lords are asking for boiler checks early

Inundated tbh

Are you a carpenter / joiner?

Plasterer & decorator by trade, fit kitchens and bathrooms (using a sparks and plumber), bit of everything really. I cut my teeth doing refurb work so picked up a broad skillset along the way and have always tried to keep up with changes and tech.

We normally walk our dogs as a group of between 6 or 8. Been limiting ourselves to just two of us walking together, keeping a good distance. We normally walk over a country park near us which is never really busy. Today my wife went over to meet one of our friends and could just about get in the car park. The place was rammed with people. On another matter, while she was out, I popped to Sainsbury’s to get a Mother’s Day card and some chocolates (going to leave them in her doorstep when I take a dinner round to her later) and the shelves were full of stuff that wasn’t there yesterday. Meat, bread, milk and even half a shelf of paracetamol was left. Running low on wine and beer though, now that the pubs are shut.

Sponsored Links
Was going to see Tim Vine next month.
The show which was originally booked for April 2020 has been rescheduled several times and is finally going ahead next Saturday. I’ve just cancelled our tickets and applied for a refund. I don’t much fancy sitting in a packed theatre with a load of people laughing all around me and neither does Mrs Mottie. I might just take Mrs Mottie our for a meal instead.

The show which was originally booked for April 2020 has been rescheduled several times and is finally going ahead next Saturday. I’ve just cancelled our tickets and applied for a refund. I don’t much fancy sitting in a packed theatre with a load of people laughing all around me and neither does Mrs Mottie. I might just take Mrs Mottie our for a meal instead.

I understand the reason and would be in 2 minds myself,

But

At what point do we deem it appropriate to return to normal life, knowing that really covid will now never be gotten rid of

I understand the reason and would be in 2 minds myself,

But

At what point do we deem it appropriate to return to normal life, knowing that really covid will now never be gotten rid of
It’s difficult but for the moment I think I’m going to be avoiding crowded rooms with people laughing and singing. No problems with anything else. I think. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Back