private company parking charges

Private companies cannot issue fines.

They can sue for their 'actual' loss.

Considering the parking is free, then how much will that amount to?

Yes. I know all that.

It's the way they can go about it that has changed. In the old days, you could safely ignore the notices. Now and this is the imporatnt bit for you joe - SINCE THE LAW HAS CHANGED, THEY CAN NOW PURSUE THE REGISTERED KEEPER IF YOU DON'T RESPOND.

How hard and fast they pursue the R K is up to the parking co.

Sponsored Links
Show me one case where a private parking ticket has been enforced.

Some private companies looking after hospital car parks are AUTHORISED to issue PARKING INFRINGEMENT NOTICES on BEHALF of the COUNCIL.

These are FINES and MUST be PAID.

IT'S NOT the same at the local SUPERMARKET.

Geddit yet?

Some private companies looking after hospital car parks are AUTHORISED to issue PARKING INFRINGEMENT NOTICES on BEHALF of the COUNCIL.

Geddit yet?

Why should I show you anything? You said the law hasn't changed. I proved that it had. Then you start blathering on about charges and whether they're enforceable - furiously backtracking and changing direction. Classic joe when he is wrong.

The law has changed. Here it is in black and white. 'Protection Of Freedoms Act', 1st Oct 2012. Section 56, sub-section 4.

Geddit yet? :rolleyes:

http://www.publications.parliament....bill_2010-20110146_en_7.htm#pt3-ch2-pb2-l1g56

It hasn't changed. You still cannot be sued by a parking company. Simple as that.

The bit you are referring to is an official FINE. Only the POLICE or COUNCIL can issue FINES that MUST BE PAID.

It doesn't refer to supermarkets. Now stop being silly and see sense.

Supermarkets can sue for ACTUAL LOSS, which on a free parking ticket is how much? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It hasn't changed. You still cannot be sued by a parking company. Simple as that.

The bit you are referring to is an official FINE. Only the POLICE or COUNCIL can issue FINES that MUST BE PAID.

It doesn't refer to supermarkets. Now stop being silly and see sense.

Supermarkets can sue for ACTUAL LOSS, which on a free parking ticket is how much? :rolleyes:

Jo, are you really stupid or just a wind up tw@t? Probably both. White S posted a valuable link earlier, the contents of which I was totally unaware. It is true that they can't issue a FINE, but they can now enforce their contract. Whether they will choose to do so is to be seen.

With regard to a supermarket only being able to sue for actual loss, this now appears to be outdated. And, if you are capable of thinking about it, you can't walk into Aldi, pick up £40 quids worth of gear and leave £30, in the belief that they can't sue you for the balance, as their "loss" is merely the ticket price less their profit. But I think that argument is a little too complicated for you to follow.

Contractual law hasn't changed. They CANNOT issue parking fines.

Let me make it easy for you.

If I have a car park and put a notice up saying that you are liable to a PARKING CHARGE of £50,000 pounds and someone doesn't see it and parks up for longer than the agreed term - I can send them a bill for £50,000 and that is enforceable?

Stop being so bloody gullible. :rolleyes:

Joe is actually correct with this one guys.
The law changed to:
makes provision for the recovery of unpaid parking charges
from the keeper of a vehicle in cases where it is not known who was driving
the vehicle when the charges were incurred

However , unlawful contracts still cannot be enforced, ether against the driver or the RK.

Try reading up on pepipoo - they will put you straight.

It appears that the law has changed, and now just ignoring might not work. You have to respond, but you are still unlikely to go to court. The appeals are easy to win with one or two bits of vital info.

Joe is talking about contract law and parking fines. I wasn't talking about this if you read the quote from my post above. I was talking about the change in law last year and how ignoring PCNs is no longer enough to stop yourself ending up in court. Whether it's enforceable is another matter. Joe can't grasp this.

This is what happens since the change in law -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4665081&highlight=court

Once again Joe; I didn't mention 'contract law'; I didn't mention 'fines'. Joe won't understand this, but now, if you don't respond to a PCN and don't appeal, you can be summoned to court. Few are, but it does happen. Ignoring the PCN is no longer guaranteeing that you won't be pusued all the way to court.

You cannot be sued for a breach of contract that you never entered. Get over it.

Geddit yet?

Why should I show you anything? You said the law hasn't changed. I proved that it had. Then you start blathering on about charges and whether they're enforceable - furiously backtracking and changing direction. Classic joe when he is wrong.

The law has changed. Here it is in black and white. 'Protection Of Freedoms Act', 1st Oct 2012. Section 56, sub-section 4.

http://www.publications.parliament....0-20110146_en_7.htm#pt3-ch2-pb2-l1g56[/QUOTE]

An act isn't Law

Same crap as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRQTkOk__48

Geddit yet?

http://www.publications.parliament....0-20110146_en_7.htm#pt3-ch2-pb2-l1g56[/QUOTE]

An act isn't Law

Same crap as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRQTkOk__48[/QUOTE]

An act either creates a new law, or changes an existing law.

Some reading for you -

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/laws/acts/

So who sets the parking charge amount?

So who sets the parking charge amount?

The private parking companies think of a number and double it. They all vary, and presumably they charge what they think the 70% of mugs who just cough up, can afford. I imagine a charge notice issued in Waitrose in Primrose Hill would be higher than one issued in downtown Birkenhead.

It's all academic anyway. If the parking co. try to pursue you, you can stop them dead in their tracks at the appeal process (and court, but only a tiny fraction get this far) by claiming the charge is unfair. The parking co. are only allowed to recoup their losses caused by your transgression - which in most cases is approximately zero. They can't impose a penalty on top of any losses incurred.

Sponsored Links
Back