Private Parking Invoice £100

Sponsored Links
Ok, called in the Range with my 'invoice' the manager in there met me with a smile very pleasant and helpful, said she would have the charge cancelled today.

If I give her a call in a couple of days she will have a printout of the cancellation confirmation for me to pick up. So if anyone does get one of these and have shopped in the store it probably is worthwhile approaching them, after all they don't want to lose custom, they would have lost 2 if the charge had been upheld.

I do understand these private car parks close to town centres could be abused and legitimate shoppers not being able to park at peak times, but I think a fairer way would be to allow a free 90mins or 2 hours and then charge a fee for every hour or part of an hour for going over time. It could £5, £7 or even £10 I am sure it would limit abuse and people getting caught might be more likely to just pay. If there is flaw in this reasoning some of you are sure to point it out.

The flaw is that the system is completely corrupt and has nothing to do with fairness. The chancers like Parking Eye pay the landowner big money to con shoppers on their land.

Well.

I think you need to have more respect for other people's private property.

People who get loads of parking tickets are irresponsible selfish gits who just stuff it up for the rest of us.

I've had one parking ticket in the past ten years and that was when I forgot to display my season ticket at the train station. I don't park on other people's land beyond my welcome and I respect their right to decide who does park on their land and for how long.

There was a TV show on recently about people who fought parking tickets. A bigger bunch of self indulgent arrogent w@ankers I haven't seen for some time.

Sponsored Links
It does amaze when people will spend a large portion of their lives looking for cheap or free parking rather than spend a few quid.

Well.

I think you need to have more respect for other people's private property.

People who get loads of parking tickets are irresponsible selfish gits who just stuff it up for the rest of us.

I've had one parking ticket in the past ten years and that was when I forgot to display my season ticket at the train station. I don't park on other people's land beyond my welcome and I respect their right to decide who does park on their land and for how long.

There was a TV show on recently about people who fought parking tickets. A bigger bunch of self indulgent arrogent w@ankers I haven't seen for some time.
Might help your argument if you knew about the problem before jumping into the argument.

Myself?
I collect these tickets by the bag full.
Why?
Because the scammers are there to rake in all the money they can get - whilst defrauding HMRC of millions. Perhaps if you actually the VCS vHMRC UTT 2012 case you'd understand.
Should i get tickets?
NO!!!
I am on site representing the landowner/tenant and at their invitation so exempt from any restriction. Doesn't bother the scammers though.

One has to wonder how many of these unenforceable tickets you paid for.

Here's one for you to ponder on.
The Equality Act 2010
Care to explain why you defend the scammers when all appear to be in clear breach of said Act?

Ok, called in the Range with my 'invoice' the manager in there met me with a smile very pleasant and helpful, said she would have the charge cancelled today.

If I give her a call in a couple of days she will have a printout of the cancellation confirmation for me to pick up. So if anyone does get one of these and have shopped in the store it probably is worthwhile approaching them, after all they don't want to lose custom, they would have lost 2 if the charge had been upheld.

I do understand these private car parks close to town centres could be abused and legitimate shoppers not being able to park at peak times, but I think a fairer way would be to allow a free 90mins or 2 hours and then charge a fee for every hour or part of an hour for going over time. It could £5, £7 or even £10 I am sure it would limit abuse and people getting caught might be more likely to just pay. If there is flaw in this reasoning some of you are sure to point it out.

By going in to all this detail I think you are missing the point. Penalty Charge Notices are issued by Police or Local Council and are enforcible by law. However PARKING Charge Notices are dressed up to look the same and frighten people into paying exhorbitant fees. The companies cannot justify the fees as they have not suffered any loss and cannot pursue you to claim any money, in spite of what they may put in the large or small print. They cannot claim the money from the owner of the vehicle and the owner is under no obligation to disclose who was in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alledged 'offence'.

The simple answer is - IGNORE them and they will eventually get tired and try to frighten someone else into paying.

Not sure what you're getting at with the EA?
Equality act, blue badge and scammers.
Evidence suggests none of the scammers are compliant and therefore neither is the land owner, usually the supermarket.

Whole world of pain waiting for them if someone challenges them.

By going in to all this detail I think you are missing the point. Penalty Charge Notices are issued by Police or Local Council and are enforcible by law. However PARKING Charge Notices are dressed up to look the same and frighten people into paying exhorbitant fees. The companies cannot justify the fees as they have not suffered any loss and cannot pursue you to claim any money, in spite of what they may put in the large or small print. They cannot claim the money from the owner of the vehicle and the owner is under no obligation to disclose who was in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alledged 'offence'.

The simple answer is - IGNORE them and they will eventually get tired and try to frighten someone else into paying.

End of...!

Thumbs_Up.png

Jeez - I have read a lot of crap in this thread.

The ticket was unenforceable, a little time reading over on pepipoo would show that. As would reading the actual law that applies.

But I can see a lot that fall for these car park scams.

Sponsored Links
Back