Euro car parks parking charge notice

Sponsored Links
They wouldn't be allowed to show the face of a juvenile in an evidential picture so your 'story' sounds like a load of old ball cocks.

Sponsored Links
They wouldn't be allowed to show the face of a juvenile in an evidential picture so your 'story' sounds like a load of old ball cocks.
Really! There was a picture with my van sign writing and a picture of us both in the front not that it was a close up but you could tell it was a kid.

The camera was high up so in reading the number plate it would get who was driving. how else would they get my number plate.

Tit

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unfortunate enough to be in Leicester once in late 2012. I was stopping at a hotel and parked at the hotel car park which is directly below the hotel near the train station. I parked up, had my evening in Leicester and went home the next day.

A month later I had a demand for a parking charge of £35. Had no idea I was in a car park not operated by the hotel and a bit miffed. I appealed on the grounds that I was not notified about parking fees when making my booking over the 'phone and that the sign there were no signs leading up to the hotel entrance warning of fees.

It was rejected and increased to £100. At this point I kept the letter but ignored it and since then (nearly 6 years ago) I've not heard a thing since.

I may have been lucky, but I do hear of people in the local town shopping at Aldi (with a privately-operated car park) getting fines for overstaying the 1.5 hour limit. Most of the time they're ignored or successfully appealed.

@Motman - it depends on the proceedings..
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo5/23-24/12/section/49

Its fairly specific

@cwhaley - your situation pre-dates key legal precedent.. I would also have ignored private parking enforcement. I still ignore signs threatening wheel clamping and advertising release fees. I'd probably ignore dunning letters from a parking firm. But I would definitely offer settlement before getting to county court.

And a diet Coke. :)

There's usually some lardarse in front of me at McD's ordering half the menu. Then they always have a diet Coke to drink. Who are they trying to kid?
Perils of spending a lot of time at Maccies boyo. You do come across as very chav

My mother lives in Austria in the Tirol near a ski resort , she is always :eek: by the over weight brits squeezed into there lycra ski suits coming down the piste. Like seals on skis was her description

My mother lives in Austria in the Tirol near a ski resort , she is always :eek: by the over weight brits squeezed into there lycra ski suits coming down the piste. Like seals on skis was her description

It's true we are a disgusting nation. I think the reduction in fat shaming has a lot to do with it, i.e fat people being encouraged to feel good about their size when they shouldn't.

Screenshot_20180608-122729.jpg

sec 49 of the children and young persons act - if only someone had posted a link above - we could read its scope instead of guessing :D

In your link Section 49 says it is "Restrictions on reports of proceedings in which children or young persons are concerned."
Doesn't sound relevant to me.

Sponsored Links
Back