Private car parking fine

We had this at a McDonalds car park a few years back. McDonalds promote childrens parties, and my son was invited to one. The party took longer than the permitted parking time due to McDonalds being so slow, and every parent got fined. We didn't pay. What made it worse is that when going to the party you give your reg to the organiser and they supposedly inform the parking people so you don't get fined, but they didn't even get that right!

And my local shops now have automatic cameras - you cannot park for more than 2 hours during the day, but can park longer after 6pm (the restaurant complained). But, if you pop to the shops in the morning, then go back in the evening, it thinks you've been there all day, and you have to then prove that you haven't to avoid a fine!

Sponsored Links
But, if you pop to the shops in the morning, then go back in the evening, it thinks you've been there all day, and you have to then prove that you haven't to avoid a fine!
I got caught out with that one in Morrison's Dalkeith. I ignored every letter they sent to me and eventually it went away.
Edit;
It's a stupid rule. Say I went to Morrison's in the morning and unwittingly, my wife went in the afternoon? I think it should be up to them to prove it was one visit.

Yeah, I'v even headed to the shops in the afternoon then stopped and asked my wife if she went earlier, then taken the other car when she has. Bloody stupid.

Sponsored Links
I once got a ticket in an Aldi car park, on a Sunday, in the early days when they had just started to open on a Sunday. Mine was the only car in the car park and it suggested I had parked there for 30 minutes out of their usual open times. The manager rang and cancelled the ticket.

Back