Not clearly paying and displaying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a parking ticket for not paying and displaying a ticket two weeks ago. I am slightly niffed at this as I was displaying a valid ticket at the time on the dashboard. The car park is owned by NCP and I did as the fine notice reguested in the case of disputed tickets, I sent the original to their office in Birmingham. I also suggested they look at the CCTV images for the time the ticket was bought to prove I had bought a valid ticket. I have yet to hear anything back from them and the 14 day double fine now kicks in. Has anyone appealed and won, or if you do win do they let you know?

Sponsored Links
Theblackbox said:
I received a parking ticket for not paying and displaying a ticket two weeks ago. I am slightly niffed at this as I was displaying a valid ticket at the time on the dashboard. The car park is owned by NCP and I did as the fine notice reguested in the case of disputed tickets, I sent the original to their office in Birmingham. I also suggested they look at the CCTV images for the time the ticket was bought to prove I had bought a valid ticket. I have yet to hear anything back from them and the 14 day double fine now kicks in. Has anyone appealed and won, or if you do win do they let you know?

Hope you kept the original and just sent a copy ( Photo copy ) as this could have been lost in the post or miss-laid at the Birmingham office.
Takes about a month before you hear from them. Also as you left the
ticket on the dash and not the screen, you could lose your case, unfair but can happen.
Hope all goes well for you. Let us know the out-come
Regards
Quick fit

If they made the tickets larger or they were a vivid colour they wouldn't get missed. The problem with sticking them to the window is that they sometimes fall off, I put mine on the dashboard also, less chance of it going anywhere. Next they will be telling us exactly which bit of the window to stick it to. You can just visualise all of the attendants going round with rulers and giving tickets for the ones that are displayed in the appropriate place. What a bunch of t*ss*rs :evil:

The tickets are not the sticky ones for windows just a bit of paper. I am convinced NCP are just after more money as they removed pay on entrance barriers a year ago and installed pay machines scattered around the car park instead and strangely enough annual pre-paid season tickets actually cost more than if you were to pay at the machines each day for all 52 weeks including bank holidays. They seem to be increasing the hassle for their customers just to increase the numbers of parking tickets given out.

Sponsored Links
I am still in dispute for a ticket issued Dec 04, each letter is sent recorded delivery & copies retained, you think after about 6 weeks they have forgotten all about it & then out of the blue another letter appears saying B*****cks, they do not read what you write. If the people in the office are one step up from the people that issue the tickets, what chance do you have of making them understand.
I even sent them photos, I have received phots from them that make me in the right, & I will go to court when it gets that far. Its only £40 but it just P***ed me off.

Good on you fun! I have never got past the "write them a letter telling them they are wrong" stage, like most people I grumble and let them pay up. I hope you get justice.

Of course, as soon as someone uncovers a loophole in the law that makes it possible for me to legally charge 2 x £40 to Westminster Council for something totally ficticious and obviously BS, and force them to pay up, I'll be there!

Does anyone know the legal standing of a parking attendant? I mean, they are not police, why should their word be seen as better evidence than our word? And why is no actual proof of an infringement required? Are we meant to lay today's newspaper on the windscreen and take a photo every time we park, just in case?

They take photos of before & after the ticket has been issued. I was booked in the lake district for 2 wheels on the grass verge, but cars parked with all 4 wheels on the verge were not booked, I wrote a letter, but paid up.

Back