Anyone Had A Ticket In Supermarket Car Park/Private Land?

ignore...

unenforceable...

end of... :D

It is "enforceable" via the civil courts and they will be successful if there is proper signage, and the OP has breached the implied contract terms

Its not a fine or penalty though, its just a claim for compensation for breach of contract.

Many car parks have changed their signage and terms of parking recently to allow successful claims in the county court
Really?

Sponsored Links
You must not contact the parking company in anyway at all because once you contact them it then become's enforceable . All you'll get are few intimidating letters bleating on about court etc just bin them it won't happen. If they are working for the local authority then that's different but here it seem's their not.
Absolute nonsense regarding enforcable after contact.
The scammers have a number of hoops to jump through. The current advice, if you are up for it is to contact the scammer with a soft appeal and demand the popla code if rejected. Then submit a strong appeal and this costs the scammer £27+vat.

You must not contact the parking company in anyway at all because once you contact them it then become's enforceable . All you'll get are few intimidating letters bleating on about court etc just bin them it won't happen. If they are working for the local authority then that's different but here it seem's their not.
The scammers have a number of hoops to jump through. The current advice, if you are up for it is to contact the scammer with a soft appeal and demand the popla code if rejected. Then submit a strong appeal and this costs the scammer £27+vat.
No! you should never engage in any correspondence at all and contacting them is an admission of guilt . If you ignore them altogether then they will go away as it would cost too much to go to court .

No! you should never engage in any correspondence at all and contacting them is an admission of guilt . If you ignore them altogether then they will go away as it would cost too much to go to court .
Nope. Some have worked out it is cheaper to issue court proceedings than follow their own AoS CoP.
The rules changed on 1.10.12
Ignoring used to be the safe option but not necessarily safe now.

Sponsored Links
No! you should never engage in any correspondence at all and contacting them is an admission of guilt .

This is absolute codswallop.

Just because you contact someone who says you owe them money does not make it an admission of guilt.

You contact me and tell me I owe you £50
I contact you and tell you I do not

Nothing makes me liable for the £50 just because I contact you and say I do not owe you anything.

Ignore it, don't make any contact with them. Even if they were willing to take the risk of going to a civil court, they still can't be sure they got the right car, driver or address. By contacting them you are confirming and doing half their job for them.

You will receive about five letters with increasing levels of threat from increasingly nasty-sounding bailiffs and probably all bearing the same illegible scrawled signature. Then the last two letters will offer you a discount for a quick settlement, which means they are losing hope of frightening you into paying their blackmail.

As other have said, it's just a speculative commercial invoice.

Sponsored Links
Back