PARKING EYE CAR PARK TICKETS HAS ANYONE HAD ONE ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a letter from 'Parking Eye' it said I stayed for longer than allowed and have to pay £50 if not this goes to £80. I pondered on this and then received another, not so much a reminder, but he same reference no. and this time with photographs. I have also pondered on this, and in the meantime and for the same car park, but this time for just before the date of the first letter, a fresh fine. If I ponder on this, I take it I will receive another with photos. So now I have 2 separate fines. I have put this into google and am reading the same thing over and over again, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE. But it does dwell in you mind. Has anyone else had one on here???

Sponsored Links
Scrutinise it very carefully. if it's from a private company then it's an invoice, not a fine. Although they do dress up there invoices to look like fines.

had one a few weeks back it was a freeze camera on the corner of a building, it catches you if you stop for longer than 2 seconds and i stopped to let someone out of the doctors car park, as a result of me not driveing straight into the lexus trying to leave the docs i was slapped with a 75 pound fine.
i did ring the police about it and was told not to pay it however. so i guess i have a pretty good backing there

If it says: "As the keeper, owner or hirer of the vehicle in question on the date specified, you are responsible for the payment of the outstanding PARKING CHARGE NOTICE"
You could tell 'em that you weren't the keeper of the vehicle that day. It would be interesting to see their reaction. As far as I can tell there is no way they can enforce you to reveal who the keeper was.

Sponsored Links
If it says: "As the keeper, owner or hirer of the vehicle in question on the date specified, you are responsible for the payment of the outstanding PARKING CHARGE NOTICE"
You could tell 'em that you weren't the keeper of the vehicle that day. It would be interesting to see their reaction. As far as I can tell there is no way they can enforce you to reveal who the keeper was.

wrong.

enter into no correspondence whatsoever. ignore it, i wouldn't even open the envelope once i could recognize the envelopes.

yeah, it's an invoice for a service you didn't agree to..
would you pay someone who comes to your door demanding £10 after they've shoveled the snow off your driveway?

same thing..

they will send letters from "debt collectors" and "lawyers" but these are also a load of tosh..

if they want to take you to court, let them.. they will lose..

If it's not from a Council or the Police it's not a fine.it's an invoice.Don't let their threatening language worry you...IGNORE IT COMPLETELY.They won't do a damn thing...it would cost 'em a bomb to take you to court and it would be thrown out....and they know it.

A parking charge notice may demand an extra £50 lets say because you overstayed an hour in a £1 bay...
A court of law would consider that their loss through your overstay is just £1...not £50 and would throw it out.

Parking on private property.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/consumer/savingideas/article.html?in_article_id=425551&in_page_id=512

Scroll down to the section titled 'Tickets Issued by Private Companies' makes for interesting reading:

"If you receive a ticket in a private car park, such as a supermarket car park, or private multi-story car park, remember that it is not criminal law, but contract law that applies."
"This means that it is only the driver that can be subject to a ticket from a private company. If they do not know who the driver was, they cannot claim a penalty. They have no legal right to demand that you identify the driver. "

Thank you all for your replies. Very interesting and has only confirmed all that I have read on the internet. I will certainly read all the links supplied and the days go by I getting closer and closer to the deadline for payment but will take all your good advice and everyone elses and ignore the lot.

yeah, it's an invoice for a service you didn't agree to..

If they put enough signs up then surely he is agreeing with the service and charges to go with it

they need to prove that you were driving that day..
also how do they prove that you saw any of the signs and ignored them?
how do they know you can read english?

how is it racist?

there are plenty of people of all colours and creeds that don't read english, including some of the english themselves..
I don't read greek very well but that doesn't stop me from driving over there when I'm on holiday..

Sponsored Links
Back