Parking Ticket or not ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick story hopefully!!
i was parked outside a shop picking up some strongbow for the evening and, fair enough i was on double yellow lines. anyway i come out of the shop and see one of those traffic warden folk getting off his moped with his ticket book in hand. so i do the decent thing get in the car and drive off!! my question is should i expect a fine dropping on my door matt or because i was not either handed a ticket or had one stuck on my car because the warden didnt have time am i in the clear?
cheers :

Sponsored Links
Where was the traffic warden parking his moped? Yep,,, On the double yellow lines , no doubt. ;) ;) ;) ;)

If he didn't have time to photograph it, then he has no proof so you are in the clear.

You may be lucky and get away with it, other than getting your address from DVLA they would have no way of knowing where you lived.
By your own admission though you stated you were parked on double yellow lines, this shows disregard for the law, break the law suffer the consequences.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I dont think physically getting a ticket on your window means much any more. They have cars with cameras in my area. 2 weeks later, something comes through the door. Hopefully you got away before they took pics or got your plate

Thanks for admitting your law breaking parking Hoggy. Until you wrote that, I could not prove it was you who I intended giving the ticket too :mad:

The decent thing would to be not to break the law in the first place. Not moving it after the event, then worry. So I hope the worry stops you doing it in future.

I dont think physically getting a ticket on your window means much any more. They have cars with cameras in my area. 2 weeks later, something comes through the door. Hopefully you got away before they took pics or got your plate

This ^

I thought you had to be there a certain time to be 'parking'? You may have just been checking a tyre.

Unless the parking attendent was in the process of writing / issuing the ticket, I cannot see how you will receive one. However if he / she was in the process, they must have been by your car, and would have told you they were issuing a ticket - if you choose to ignore and drive off then the ticket will be valid.

Lou.

By law a driver has to be notified of a traffic offence within 14 days so keep your eye on the doormat. :D

From Lancashire Parking Services:
"Any vehicle parked on single or double yellow lines must be observed by enforcement officers for 5 minutes before they can issue a penalty charge."

Those traffic wardens haven’t even got the motor bike full driving licence, they keep driving them with L plates, and they are very nasty, they are programmed to write tickets only.

Sponsored Links
Back