Parking Regulatory Body

I don't have an answer to your specific question.

I believe the private property aspect is a red herring though, a guy near us was recently done for teaching his unlicensed son to drive on an Asda carpark, when the store was closed.

In the paper it said that private land(with public access) was treated as public, in this respect.

I also know someone who was told about ignoring a stop sign in a Sainsbury's carpark too. The PC concerned wasn't the officious type and just gave him a b******ing. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
paulbrown said:
In the paper it said that private land(with public access) was treated as public, in this respect.

if you have permission from the land owner (or shop manager in this case) then i think you can drive w/o licence

paulbrown said:
they wouldnt dare give me a ticket anyway, i have every right to have parked there, my car is parked legally aswell (we did have permission from tennant)
Not sure about that andy, under those circumstances I think they do you for failing to display a valid permit, rather than the parking itself.

I would imagine a grass verge or island is outside their jurisdiction and would be a job for the police, who are probably to busy to be bothered.

well if they want, i can easily park on the road instead, where there isnt any lines, and cause an obstruction there, rather than have my car off road, out of the way

paulbrown said:
Why is the parking attendant a plonker? you said (at least I think you did)you were parked in a residents bay.

I agree this behaviour is more widespread and is no doubt also backdoor taxation, but the guy was only doing his/her job. They don't make the rules!

You're being just a tad pedantic paulbrown :rolleyes:

...the first sign that he was a plonker was that he said he had to issue me a ticket even though I was leaving...I had just stopped there to pick up something from somebody's front door.....he wanted me to stay and get a ticket, even though he knew full well that if I just drove off he could not issue a ticket...yet he still did, illegally, issue me a phantom ticket.....another sign that he's a plonker. They don't make the rules, but when they don't abide by them, calling them a plonker is a relatively mild rebuke.

If you call me on refering to someone as a plonker I very much look forward to you pulling up other people for much stronger abuses right here on this forum, but the truth is you will pick and choose with whom you take issue. Can you honestly tell me that asking me this has nothing to do with other disagreements we have had on this forum?

Sponsored Links
noodlz said:
paulbrown said:
Why is the parking attendant a plonker? you said (at least I think you did)you were parked in a residents bay.

I agree this behaviour is more widespread and is no doubt also backdoor taxation, but the guy was only doing his/her job. They don't make the rules!

You're being just a tad pedantic paulbrown :rolleyes:

...the first sign that he was a plonker was that he said he had to issue me a ticket even though I was leaving...I had just stopped there to pick up something from somebody's front door.....he wanted me to stay and get a ticket, even though he knew full well that if I just drove off he could not issue a ticket...yet he still did, illegally, issue me a phantom ticket.....another sign that he's a plonker. They don't make the rules, but when they don't abide by them, calling them a plonker is a relatively mild rebuke.

If you call me on refering to someone as a plonker I very much look forward to you pulling up other people for much stronger abuses right here on this forum, but the truth is you will pick and choose with whom you take issue. Can you honestly tell me that asking me this has nothing to do with other disagreements we have had on this forum?

I do not believe you when you say you can negate a parking ticket by driving off as the operative is writing it out. They are written AFTER the offence occured. Parking attendants can't stop writing a ticket once they have started, this suggests you did not see him/her at the outset, which further suggests your maintaining you were only at the front door to be suspect.

I have never met a parking attendant that wasn't reasonable when you are simply picking up or dropping something off, as long as you speak to them in a civilised manner.

These people are often subject to verbal and even physical abuse by lazy people who choose to ignore societies rules, for their own ease.
Yes, I can honestly say this has nothing to do with any other thread on this forum. I do frequently comment about anything I disagree with written by different people. However, I can assure you that I don't consider you worthy of any particular attention.

Fair enough if you say you frequently disagree with different people, I won't take it personally ;)

Was quite amusing just after this you write a post agreeing with Softus....sorry, had to chuckle :LOL:

Just for future reference, you can't drive away from the police if they're issuing you a parking ticket, but parking attendents haven't legally issued a ticket until they have properly served it, ie. handed it to you in person or attached it to your vehicle. Whatever they say, and many will not tell you the whole truth, it does negate a parking ticket if it has not been properly served. It may be useful to you and others to find out and verify the facts for themselves. If you wish to wait around for the ticket...be my guest.

You really do appear to have a poor view of human nature to be so suspicious of me....I've had many tickets in the past and will no doubt in the future, and most of the time I'll say its a fair cop and pay, but sometimes, like in this instance, I won't. You must have led quite a sheltered life to have never come across an unreasonable parking attendant! Believe me...oh sorry, you don't, but anyway...there are quite a few.

It'd be interested to hear from others who drive and come across many parking attendants that have never met an unreasonable one?

It is true many are verbally and physically abused and such violent threats are wrong.

Stay happy :D

What happens if a kid removes the ticket before you come back to your car?

joe

joe-90 said:
What happens if a kid removes the ticket before you come back to your car?

joe

Honestly don't know, Joe, but presume someone would rightly claim that they did not get a ticket served. Nowadays most parking attendants also take photos so could prove that they had served it. Otherwise suppose its your word against theirs...who knows how far they'd take it?

In this instance, when the notice to owner drops in your door, I suppose it is up to their discretion whether they charge you the full amount, the discounted amount or whether you can contest...not sure.

If someone themselves removed it and claimed they didn't get one, I think this is an offense and can carry a heavy fine.

There are lots of good websites where you can find out more about the law in regards to this, but haven't found a definitive one yet myself. The council sites don't tell you clearly all your rights...at least, I haven't found one that has yet.

I have never met an unreasonable parking attendant, they have been ok with me. What I have found annoying is when I have parked a motorbike by a meter and put a ticket on it and someone has nicked my ticket and then I have been issued with a parking ticket. This has happened twice. Several times I have parked my bike on the pavement if there is a handy spot that doesn't obstruct, and I have never had a ticket doing this. Does anyone know the law regarding motorbikes parked on pavements?

Lucky you, Hermes, re: unreasonable parking attendants, maybe its my simple face ;)

Come to think of it that must be a relatively common problem with motorbikes...don't know what the law is, but if you've got a camera on your phone maybe you have to take a snap of it just in case its gone before you get back...you'd have a strong case then.

:LOL:

That's where I'm going wrong :rolleyes:

In the interests of fair play, I've actually met some really nice ones, who were most understanding, it's just that this one in particular had an attitude I didn't warm to.

We also have to take into account our own attitudes too.

Most of us laugh off or just ignore most of lifes minor day to day issues, even if the other guy is downright rude we make allowances. Put us in a bad mood and we are different people.

Course the fun really starts when you are both in a bad mood though. ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back