BEEN FINED AGAIN CANT BELIEVE IT

Sponsored Links
Bernard

Trouble with your theory is that you don't have to have trouble moving your legs to get a disabled badge...

anobium said:
Is it a physical, emotional or other dis-ability

The lot with Bob
Bob thought you may like to know, that now the authorities routinely check the disabled badge against the number plate on the car, and if it doesn't tally up with the address which they have on file, you will be faced with an additional fine on top of your parking ticket.
Have a nice day

anobium, i think you must remember i am King Scrounger and i know the law inside out about blue badge counrty, if i had i mate and he had a bad leg and he wanted me to take him in my car to tescos or the footy match i can display is badges in my car its not the car thats disabled anobium but the person, so next tiome yea all go on down to asda,s and yera see all of the blue badge squad you will k now where God Bob,s a coming from.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Bernard

Trouble with your theory is that you don't have to have trouble moving your legs to get a disabled badge...

What are the rules then?

I was told that you had to be unable, or practically unable, to walk; and that it had to be a permanent disability, not an injury that might get better.

JohnD said:
securespark said:
Bernard

What are the rules then?

I was told that you had to be unable, or practically unable, to walk; and that it had to be a permanent disability, not an injury that might get better.

THINK ABOUT IT JOHN when was the last time you whent into adsa,s and co only to find all the disabled bays are full, then yea go inside do you see any crippled dragging themselfs around, ever saw the usual big fatt,ys with all there goodies trotting back to there mobility car and filling the boot up, Yes John this is where your tax bill goes, but cheers anyway life is just great on the BOB D.O.L.E

bernardgreen said:
And the CCTV chaps love catching a non-dis-abled person returning with bags of shopping to their car parked in the dis-abled parking bay. With a video the criminal walking without problem the criminal doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If he or she goes off for more shopping then the clampers are called to the car.....

I call BS... what happens when a disabled person takes an able-bodied passenger to teh shop with them? who do you think is more likely to pop back to pop the new television in the boot? ;)

anobium,
Just to correct your piece about authorities checking number plates and addresses, complete bullpoo!
As a seriously disabled driver, my blue badge does not relate to any specific vehicle registration, it relates to ME. If I go some where as a passenger in a friend’s car He can still park on double yellows or in disabled bays and we can display my pass. So a check on the pass address and on the vehicle registered address would not prove any misuse of a blue badge.

If, however I caught a conning swine like dole using a blue badge and I knew he was not legitimately entitled to use one I would block in his car and call the police, because it is baskets like him that get us genuine users a bad name, and cause untold problems finding places to stop.

As for Bernard and his idea about CCTV watching, does not prove a thing seeing some one walk to there car and then go back with more shopping. I have COPD and lung cancer and can walk between 25 and 50 yards at a time without having to stop for a breather. Because of this I cannot carry a great deal of shopping at one time so I often make two or three short journeys from different shops with a bit at a time.

dave

Dave , I know it was , I was just trying to put the wind up Bob Dope.
Seriously I have a disabled son and he has had a badge for years, so like you I know the rules and regs on this one.
There must be some way of stopping scumbags like him above from abusing the system.

As far as I can see, 95% of what Bob writes is lies.

I don't know which is the 5% that might be true.

Still, if he has been fraudulently using a blue badge, and gets fined, that's OK with me.

How's the eye, Bob?

JohnD said:
I was told that you had to be unable, or practically unable, to walk; and that it had to be a permanent disability

We have a blue badge due to our son's autisim. His legs work very well, especially when running towards moving traffic as he has no sense of danger whatsoever. I've only used the blue badge when he's with me (had a few arguements in Tescos carpark when we've pulled up in the van). I too hate seeing people abuse the scheme, especially cars parking in the spots without a badge.

'mmm, must be a different sort of thing. I have some leg problems but was told by my doctor's receptionist :rolleyes: that I wasn't eligible as not bad enough.

Dave

The CCTV was used to first identify suspected abuse of the blue badge and then when possible arrange for security staff to do a check on the person's right to be using the dis-abled parking space.

One one case the CCTV image of the driver was proof that the driver had given a false identity to the security staff, claiming to be the person named on the badge. Although he and the badge owner were similar in appearance as regards the face there was a distintive diffence in hieght and build.

In our 20 space car park at work we have a bay designated for disabled. People always park there.

We also have a big area near the back door, painted with hatchings, saying deliveries no parking on it. People park here too. Next to the delivery bay are 3 parking spaces for "staff parking". Staff never park here, because we know how unskilled some of the delivery drivers are. 2 carpark lights have been damaged, and 2 concrete bollards ripped clean out, by careless lorry drivers. Of course, the customers dont know this, we just smile knowingly at the destruction around their car :LOL: The bread drivers are the worst, swinging their lorries around the place, good job they araen't in artics :LOL:

JohnD said:
'mmm, must be a different sort of thing. I have some leg problems but was told by my doctor's receptionist :rolleyes: that I wasn't eligible as not bad enough.

John,
Your doctor's receptionist is probably very well versed at issuing appointments to see a doctor (or making it as difficult as she can to see a doctor) but she is definitely not qualified to make a decision as to whether you can be awarded a Blue badge.
This is the Application form for Hampshire in pdf format
http://www3.hants.gov.uk/bluebadge/treasurers-bluebadgeapply.htm
get it and have a read.
dave

Sponsored Links
Back