Traffic Wardens!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do alot of work in city centres across the country (pub maintenance), so I'm always needing to leave the van on double yellows etc while I unload etc...

I got a ticket today in London, I was in a pay and display bay, had a ticket valid until 10.31am, I got back (according to my watch at 10.30am), but the "civil enforcement officer" pointed out that her machine said it was 10.34am. Fine I said, but don't you get 3 minutes grace period. She said yes you do.
She printed the ticket out anyway which showed she booked me at 10.35am!

When I confronted her about it she said I should just appeal. Furious! Obviously I'm going to appeal, but I most p!ssed off about the admin I have to go through to contest it. I don't suppose it's even worth pursuing the council (Camden) for compensation / disaplinary action against the vulture traffic warden.

On another note, I had a run in with another traffic warden recently (yes it happens alot!) I was in Guildford, I pulled over onto double yellows (on a quiet side road, not obstructing anyone) to check an address for a pub on my satnav. A traffic warden came over to my van, opened my door (!!) and said in the most condescending way I've been spoken to since I've been at school "Can you tell me what you're doing wrong?" I was "___" this close to sticking the nut on him!. I was under the understanding you got 5 minutes to unload / load on double yellows?

Why is it that every traffic warden you meet seems like the job has taken over their lives, bleached their personality and turned them into utter tw4ts?
and relax

Sponsored Links
A traffic warden tried to be a **** with me once til I pinned him up against my van, he soon withdrew and probably **** himself :cool:

last traffic enforcment officer i had dealings with walked away with some rather strange marks around his neck, looked just like i had grabbed him by the throat and tryed to throttle him, me throttle a traffic enforcment officer in my sign written van on a public highway in daylight, noooooo, i had 2 "eye witnesses" to say i never moved ;)
jobsworths the lotta them!

I gotta be honest mate, in Camden, you got no chance of sucessfully appealing!

I got a £120 ticket through the post and it stated 'the owner of the vehicle refused to let the CEO leave the ticket on the windscreen'.

I actually asked him if my permits (was working for council at the time) was valid on that day, he said no, so while I was getting a scratch card he's obviously written out this ticket and posted it to me!

They did reduce it to £60 after I explained to them what he'd done, and I just couldnt be bothered to write back to them to be honest. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I gotta be honest mate, in Camden,

i know somene who works around that area as a warden and they get a bonus after so many vehicles are ticketed everday.

so they are only doing what anyone else does who work on a bonus scheme.

grabbed him by the throat and tryed to throttle him
So please explain how you would feel if your daughter or son came home from work one day in a right state and red marks on their neck due to some cock who can't read or tell the time (ignoring the inevitable reply that your son or daughter would never do such a thing)?

I got a ticket today in London, I was in a pay and display bay, had a ticket valid until 10.31am, I got back (according to my watch at 10.30am), but the "civil enforcement officer" pointed out that her machine said it was 10.34am. Fine I said, but don't you get 3 minutes grace period. She said yes you do.
She printed the ticket out anyway which showed she booked me at 10.35am!

if that was me i would be back to the machine i bought the ticket from and show the warden or if that's not possible take a picture off the parking ticket against the parking meter time display

maybe you should just add a tenner on the price of each job you do to cover the cost of the odd ticket you get every now and again? Stop trying to beat the system (unless you have a few thousand students you know who could start some fires and sh!t !!)

i once worked for a fella on christmas eve, i diddnt particulary like the bloke but being christmas i need the money, plus i was on my own so it beat being at home alone with nothing to do.
anyway someone else on this job bought this bloke a bottle of baileys for christmas, he left it on his desk.
an hour later some one said to him "by the way theres a traffic warden giveing you a ticket", he promptly grabbed the bottle stormed outside smashed the bottle over the TWs head and shoved him in the back of the van, he then came back to the job paid everyone, left the keys for the job, and jumped into the van and sped off..............never herd from him again. im guessing hes doin bird at the moment.
9 times out of 10 you cnt do anything.
if you get a ticket they will always have a get out clause somewhere proveing you are wrong and they are right, i realised this the other day wen i got a ticket even though i had paid on the phone for all day but diddnt know i needed a ticket from the machine using a code they gave me but failed to tell me i needed to enter it to get a ticket to display (if that makes sense). :rolleyes:

I was walking up Normanton Road in Derby one Saturday (where drivers used to park where they wanted double yellow lines, pavements etc).
There were 3 cars parked on double yellows and half on the pavement as well (all with Asian drivers sat in the drivers seats) A car pulled in in front of them and an English chap got out, ran across the road to the chemists.
A traffic warden walking up was already writing the ticket out, completely ignoring the other 3 cars (parked illegally, that he had to walk past)
The chap came back out of the chemist clutching what was obviously a prescription. He explained that he'd been to pick up an emergency prescription for his aged mother.
The traffic warden took no notice of this and told him he was parked illegally. The chap asked if he was giving the other 3 cars parking tickets as they too were parked illegally. Traffic warden told him it was more than his job was worth to give ethnic minorities parking tickets. WTF, does being a member of an ethnic minority give you the right to park where the hell you want?

joinerjohn";p="1806707 said:
I was walking up Normanton Road in Derby one Saturday (where drivers used to park where they wanted double yellow lines, pavements etc).
There were 3 cars parked on double yellows and half on the pavement as well (all with Asian drivers sat in the drivers seats) A car pulled in in front of them and an English chap got out, ran across the road to the chemists.
A traffic warden walking up was already writing the ticket out, completely ignoring the other 3 cars (parked illegally, that he had to walk past)
The chap came back out of the chemist clutching what was obviously a prescription. He explained that he'd been to pick up an emergency prescription for his aged mother.
The traffic warden took no notice of this and told him he was parked illegally. The chap asked if he was giving the other 3 cars parking tickets as they too were parked illegally. Traffic warden told him it was more than his job was worth to give ethnic minorities parking tickets. WTF, does being a member of an ethnic minority give you the right to park where the hell you want?[/quote]

Don't beleive a word of this rollocks. You are just trying to stir up racial hatred. Grow up

Park illegally, fess up, accept the fine, get over it, we've all been there, no need to be angry about it, just because you were caught one time.

How would you feel, in your business, if angry customers were threatening and abusive, and you are just doing your assigned job to the best of?

Post not aimed at anyone, just common sense.

exactly my thoughts expert gas

you are talking perhaps 5 mins so why would there be 3 other people sitting there from before the person turned up and still there afterwards
where exactly was this ??
was there any other reason for them to be there it just sounds like the typical story off they get everything whilst we get nowt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back