Center Parcs

Sponsored Links
I did a quick search, by the time you add activities and food. 2 people could get all inclusive to Antigua.

Centre parks seems to be posh Butlins. I've been when my kids were young, but only out of season on a cheap deal.

You could also get some great AirBnBs in some lovely locations for around half the money.

I never got the attraction of staying in a hut/cabin in a damp British forest surrounded by hordes of screaming kids.

Sponsored Links
An article in the Grauniad: Out of Respect... highlights some of the dafter decisions made by local councils: my favourite is British Cycling issuing advice for nobody to ride their bike on the day of the funeral.
Out of their minds, more like.

CENTER Parcs is to charge guests a backtracking fee after deciding it will stay open on Monday, it has been confirmed.

Having U-turned on the decision to boot guests into the woods on the day of the Queen’s funeral as a mark of respect, Center Parcs will invoice them accordingly to the tune of hundreds of pounds.

A Center Parcs spokesperson said: “After listening to the overwhelmingly negative feedback on social media we’ve begrudgingly decided to do the right thing, while rinsing middle class holidaymakers for all they are worth in the process.

“People are bound to kick off about this decision too, even though it’s consistent with the rest of our business model. We already charge an extortionate amount for food and activities which should really be included when you’re paying that much, so we’re not about to start handing out freebies now.

“Anyway, it’s not even a backtracking fee, really. It’s a ‘Queen’s Funeral Opening Hours’ fee. You wouldn’t want to dishonour Her Majesty by being stingy, would you? Didn’t think so.”

Guest Donna Sherridan said: “Ok, I can swallow that. But do I really have to spend £240 on Center Parcs-branded respectful black costumes for when the Subtropical Swimming Paradise is open?”

highlights some of the dafter decisions made by local councils: my favourite is British Cycling issuing advice for nobody to ride their bike on the day of the funeral.

I don't have a bike to be able to not ride it - what am I going to do, what am I going to do?

Beautiful area, all of the country around Morecambe Bay is stunning. Did you go to Grange Over Sands?
GOS gods waiting room as its called locally, a bit unfair TBH, got a great duck pond and a 24 hour Horlicks stand on the prom :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back