workshop dust extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm slowly kitting out my workshop and it's getting very apparent i need some sort of dust extractor or air filter...
I've seen a couple of 2nd hand ones for sale, a Record RDX600i and an Elektra Beckum SPA 1100 Dust Collector but don't really know if they're any good, or indeed what I should be going for...
If anyone has experience with these or can offer any advice on them or similar items I'd very very greatlful and a lot healthier too I think!

Thanks!
Pete

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Rexon DE-1000F - I've fitted a few of these to school workshops and for the price they are good. With a bit of imagination you can create various take offs for more than one machine. Screwfix part number 12734. Under £200.

Treat dust extraction as the most serious part of your workshop, and don't skimp. When you find out it wasn't good enough, it will be too late, and there is no cure. Read this for background.

I built a mini cyclone which connects to a vacuum cleaner, but the filter in the cleaner is critical. The idea is that all power tools should have built in extraction. I now use Festool. I have customers who do woodwork for pleasure and relaxation, done it for years. They now struggle to breathe.

Sponsored Links
A late response but I have to caution against anyone taking the advice of oilman. I agree with him re getting rid of dust and the dangers etc but that rexon, according to the spec I read, only filters down to 2 microns. That's big! It's the smaller stuff that is the danger and the record claims down to 0.5 microns and so therefore a better option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back