Worktop Jigs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

seen a couple of posts covering this already but no deffinitive (if there is such a thing) answer

Ive got a couple of kitchen refurbs coming up and wondered if you think it is ok to get one of the cheaper jigs that are being sold on ebay or to spend the extra money on a decent one(ie Trend)

can anyone recommend one that they have used a few times and that wouldnt be a pain to use if the worksurfaces didnt have to be square?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
go to ebay shop "kitchen surplus"" jigs there are under 60 quid and are fine for trade use. as for the joint being out of square cut the female side square then make any adjustment on the male side use a unit shelf as a square

Hi, i take it you dont fit many kitchens or you have just been lucky not to have been to fit mitred joints.

Well by buying the jig you will still need to have the rest of the kit, the 30mm guide bush & the 12.5mm TCT cutter & of coarse the know how,

by using your tape & measuring from the base unit to the front edge of the work top transfer a line on the worktop & trim as required or just cut through the plaster to give your self that that extra 1/2 inch.

or get a fitter in to do it all for you.

Regards Will

Hi, i take it you dont fit many kitchens or you have just been lucky not to have been to fit mitred joints.

Well by buying the jig you will still need to have the rest of the kit, the 30mm guide bush & the 12.5mm TCT cutter & of coarse the know how,

by using your tape & measuring from the base unit to the front edge of the work top transfer a line on the worktop & trim as required or just cut through the plaster to give your self that that extra 1/2 inch.

or get a fitter in to do it all for you.

Regards Will

Thanks for the info.
any advice on the actual question that i asked?

Sponsored Links
Well i use a Trend jig myself, but know of fitters that use the cheaper Unika brand from Screw fix & have had no problems but these guys do abuse them & replace them often, I myself look after & take care of my kitso you could pay between £50>£100 let us know how you get on. I hope this answerd your question ;)

Cheers Will
I havnt heard any REALLY bad reports on the cheaper jigs so i reckon i'll try and pick up a cheapo from ebay and see how i get on, i'll be fitting the worktop next week so i'll let you know how i get on.

Tris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back