worktop sealant application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to join my kitchen worktops using toggles, buscuits and colour matched sealant/adhesive. On the sealant tube it tells you to put a bead of sealant around the worktop end for the facing areas only. However, the kitchen installation guide tells you to run a bead around the whole end and also around the toggle slots. Which is recommended?

Sponsored Links
I don't need an answer to the above now. The sealant is designed to be applied to all edges. However, I have another problem. I currently have a tube of Ebony Colorfill, a colour which doesn't appear on the colourfill list. The number on my tube is CF145 which is listed as Black Granite by colorfill. Is this exactly the same? The reason I need to know is I need another tube. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain further tubes of Colorfill? I see that there are alternatives, ie B&Q do a version. Is this just as effective?

Lots of people to equivalents - or you could just resort to black silicone, a nice runny one like Evostick..... Works well with most black/dark grey tops

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back