Worktop to Wall Gap To Fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having new laminate worktops installed in my kitchen when I can find a local guy to do it. However, the wife and I are having a debate over whether we fit 100mm worktop matching upstands all around the kitchen with a gap where the stainless steel splashback is behind the hob...

...but then thought why fit anything all the way around...as we don't want tiles. We wondered if there was a nice looking quadrant of some kind that would bridge the gap around the kitchen between wall and worktop ? I know IKEA do a grey/silver one but are there others ? And what would the experts here suggest anyway please ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks foxhole thats true. The local guy I am considering has a good rep so I'm sure he'll do a good job. I guess in that case a simple, discreet, small bead of sealant will do the job.

If the wall is a bit wavy mind... I will still have the problem

You can alway chase the wall out to allow a better fit.Bit of plaster is easily fixed.

Sponsored Links
And neater and easier to maintain in the long run. I have a "fear" of those plastic quadrant trims that you can get. I've never had any great success with them and they start to look a bit a tatty after a while.

I think I might as well wait until the worktop is fitted and see what I'm left with. Option of an upstand is still there rather than tile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back