worried....you should be

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
www.duluxdecoratorplus.co.uk

www.duluxdesignservice.co.uk

just to let you know that these schemes have been planned, constructed and launched under the very noses of the vast majority of their own Select Decorators. It is being run by the same people. Their own members have been told that this will not affect their own work and should that happen they will "probably" close this new scheme down. Some selected members were told 2 weeks ago that this new scheme was in the pipeline and that it was aimed at the big players. a look at the decorator plus website would throw doubt on that. The design service and decorator plus are linked as the terms and condition section clearly states. It even says that the guarantees they offer are not as good as their own Select Decorators. Who's kidding who here. I and many members of our scheme feel badly let down by what we consider to be a foray into our market using us as a benchmark when all along bigger plans were on the back burner. Many of us also feel that had we not been generous with our information and strategies in the past, honestly given, this would never have got off the ground. When a large company like ICI decides that it wants to move into the paint application and maintenance field and has the financial clout to ensure its success then long term I think you need to be looking over your shoulders. I apologise to any on here that have been swayed by my arguments and staunch defence of a scheme that I and others truly believed was for the clients benefit and not a corporate money spinner. I would point out to those that will be reading this from outside that the last statement was my opinion to which I am entitled..... This scheme is up and running in 5 areas now and the plans are in place for it to go national next year. :(

Sponsored Links
I dont think Dulux have ever run these schemes for the benefit of their health..

Select was ok once it got rolling, I was a member..IMO they didnt punt it enough though..and when they stopped the insurance stuff citing that it was 'against the law' (*******s!) it just wasnt worth it.

Mind you..if your looking for a really bad scheme to sign up to try the 'Guild of Master Craftsmen'...the most expensive set of van stickers youll ever by..cos thats all it was good for!

The 'inspection' for select used to be laughable...the local retail rep turned up and said laughing 'oh no not you' lol...gave me a couple of free t shirts looked around the job and went...

A very good idea in principle..but they didnt punt it enough and the course were never local...I contacted Dulux about me setting up 'dos' in local colleges for them...they never even bothered replying....IMO the girls on the phones were great..then they had a re shuffle and like everything else it became top heavy with managers...

Notice how all interior designers wear those rectangular specs.. :rolleyes:

we've had that conversation before Zamps and your points are well known in the scheme as they are the same as ours. Things had been looking up in recent years and as i said before the panel members themselves assess all new applicants now so the dross was being weeded out. I just cannot believe the way they have gone about this and as an ex member you know where i am coming from on that front. ;)

what do you reckon to this new move. dyna rod springs to mind. I know just how the local butcher felt now when he saw Sainsburys being built across the road from him. reckon they should stick to making paint not putting it on the walls mate :evil:

Sponsored Links
That's awful news for the people who went into the select scheme. I declined when It first started as I had loads of work at the time and no point in paying out to get more enquiries I didn't need. Though as you say Zampa I too was sceptical that they were sending out certificates to anybody who declared themselves decorators as soon as the cheque cleared. Looking at the new schemes .. seems the designers will have their own decorators etc???
I mean anywhere else that could be termed Poaching. To think Dulux will now have people ringing up for a select tradesman and instead will be introduced to a ...window dresser. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back