Worst Song You Ever Heard

Sponsored Links
Leonard Cohen by a country mile, Dylan whines through his nose. Cohen is a poet, same as Gil Scott-Heron, another great who is not heard enough.
Cohen is not a true poet, as defined by Robert Graves, so i'd say he's more of a wordsmith, not a bad wordsmith in the modern sense but his expression always comes across as mental masturbation in the style of a Beatnik listening to Sartre while drinking cheap wine.
Beat off to it by all means, but for the love of Garp don't bang on about his dirge like it's a Revelation.

Other than that any Leonard Cohen song (or "Music to Commit Suicide to" as we used to say)
1668417179353.png

Hallelujah is one of the great classics!

Sponsored Links
I can't stand this.
Makes me feel ill and go a bit odd.

Think it did well in charts. Edit.. Yeah. Number 2. Good grief! It's so bad.

I can't stand this.
Makes me feel ill and go a bit odd.

Think it did well in charts. Edit.. Yeah. Number 2. Good grief! It's so bad.
It uses a dissonant counterpoint: a similar trick deployed by Cohen to offer a solemn expression of joy towards the subject...ahhhh, i feel better for that.:p
I found it irritating at first but it grew on me over time...apart from Cohen, who just became a bore.

It uses a dissonant counterpoint: a similar trick deployed by Cohen to offer a solemn expression of joy towards the subject...ahhhh, i feel better for that.:p
I found it irritating at first but it grew on me over time...apart from Cohen, who just became a bore.
I will agree that a lot of Cohen's work can be boring. I think he sees himself as a free spirit, not constrained by any boundaries of definition of genres.

I will agree that a lot of Cohen's work can be boring. I think he sees himself as a free spirit, not constrained by any boundaries of definition of genres.
Alan Ginsberg was a free spirit. Cohen was constrained by the definition of boring.

I posted this in the guilty pleasure song thread, not to everyone's taste, but you can't say it isn't interesting and different. A true classic.
Maybe listen to.... Binaural beat... (it's a type of music) if you like that sort of thing.
I can cope with that when stressed out and has a hypnotic effect.

A true classic.
A true classic A B C D E F side.

Now there's a thought, I was going to ask what's the best B side you've heard? Is that showing my age?

For me, I think it would have to be Magic Roundabout Jasper Carrot (God! we were easily amused then!), equal with Born to Lose Ray Charles.
But Jerry Lee Lewis, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Blondie and Carl Perkins would also have serious contenders.

I find it ironic that one of the lines in Cohen's Hallelujah is "But you don't really care for music, do ya?".

If you cannot appreciate Cohen or Dylan then you really cannot say that you appreciate music.

For me, I think it would have to be Magic Roundabout Jasper Carrot (God! we were easily amused then!)...
Bugger! I was about to say that. You ask a question then answer it for me! Well I have to go now, me mam sez' I can't fix it in the kitchen, so I'll 'av ter mend it in the garding...

Sponsored Links
Back