Worst Song You Ever Heard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How about a Worst Song thread.
My thoughts came about by a version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah that I heard recently on the radio. Sorry I didn't make any note of which station or artist, (and I was driving at the time) so I'm not able to provide a link. It was like a Pop remix.
It was so bad that I had to switch over to another station.

Just last night I caught a brief look at Pet Clark's version of I Don't Know How to Love Him on BBC 4 last night, and I was not impressed. Sure she had all the sincerity required, but for me the vocal ability was lacking, and the interpretation was not to my liking. Her earlier renditions of the same number were far better.
I think this was it. I'd have to sit through the whole programme to find the relevant bit.
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001dzyy/petula-clark-at-the-bbc

Sponsored Links
Normally I really like protest music, and I can think of many that get me fired up.
But mixed with punk rock and head banging kind of totally spoils it for me,

I'm in love with Margaret Thatcher by the Notsensibles takes some beating.

Sponsored Links
I'm in love with Margaret Thatcher by the Notsensibles takes some beating.

God! That is awful!!!
Punk Rock with inaudible lyrics. But for the head bangers the rhythm suffices, I suppose.

I bothered to look up the lyrics, they're very much in keeping with the song. :ROFLMAO:
There's about two dozen different words in there repeated over and over again. You wouldn't know that just by listening to it.

The missus thinks this is the worst song ever. I like it dammit.

Hmm, nowt wrong with the song. I suppose it all depends on your opinion of the artist's interpretation of that arrangement.
Personally I was a bit undecided on both, the timpanis were a bit odd, even over-powering given the original essence of the piece, perhaps trying too hard to add a bit of African feel to it.
And I found the interpretation very Rod Stewart-esque, but a valid interpretation none-the-less.

Dancing Queen - the version played at the Tory conference where they fronted the music with their own go-go dancer. She was terrible.

Other than that any Leonard Cohen song (or "Music to Commit Suicide to" as we used to say)

Dancing Queen - the version played at the Tory conference where they fronted the music with their own go-go dancer. She was terrible.

Other than that any Leonard Cohen song (or "Music to Commit Suicide to" as we used to say)
Leonard Cohen requires some concentration and intelligence to understand the lyrics

Leonard Cohen requires some concentration and intelligence to understand the lyrics
Leonard Cohen blows chunks, reheats them in a pot noodle of pretension, then drones into the ears of suckers who think they're hearing the sound of wizzdumb. 'Halleloooja' is easily the worst piece of excrement ever recorded. Period.

Leonard Cohen blows chunks, reheats them in a pot noodle of pretension, then drones into the ears of suckers who think they're hearing the sound of wizzdumb. 'Halleloooja' is easily the worst piece of excrement ever recorded. Period.
Proving my point, thanks

It certainly requires concentration, after all you wouldn't want to miss an artery and have to listen to even more...

I have known a number of musicians in my life, from jazz to rock to classical, and yet I have still not come across anyone who likes Cohen's dull, dreary dirges. What you often get, assuming that they have even heard of him (many haven't these days), is eyes rolled towards the heavens - which is exactly what people did when I was at school. Funny, that, what with him being so famous and having such a massive following... Maybe it's just that people suppose his adherents are going to be indignant, rude and a bit aggressive - like some sort of brain-washed cult followers

And she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China. Yeah, I considered topping meself if I ever listened to 'Suzanne' again.
I'd never heard of 'hallelujah' until the recent cover versions, think X factor might have been the first, but whilst I've never been a diehard Cohen fan, that's a great song, a really great song. 'So long Marianne' aint too shabby either.
He's certainly divisive, perhaps like you're either a 'John or Paul' man, you're either a 'Cohen or Dylan' man.

He's certainly divisive, perhaps like you're either a 'John or Paul' man, you're either a 'Cohen or Dylan' man.
i was neither of either, although I have to admit to liking some of Dylan's stuff, but please let's not rake up the acoustic vs. electric argument [grits teeth]

Sponsored Links
Back