Worx 373.2 combi drill clatter ( noisy pawl?)

What ive started doing now is laminating the receipt and placing it under the insert in the tool box itself so it doesn't get lost or damaged, even do it at home with the washing machine and fridge, receipts are taped to the tops of both so when you drag them out it's all there

Sponsored Links
Me too, but the SDS drill receipt blew away along with the tape that was supposed to sticking it!

Since last Tuesday ( a week now) I have been trying to get my Worx drll sorted under the 3 year warrranty. I have spoken to and emailed three differnt 'customer advisors' and yet not one of them has been any more useful than a chocolate teapot.
-First, I had to send in my life story too 'advisor A', even though the product is registered and acknowledged as such.
-Then, they wanted my receipt, so I sent a picture via email.
-I called and they hadn't got it and the person that was dealing with it would call me back later, as she was at lunch. I called later in the day, because they hadn't called me and was told she's gone home.
-I complained to 'advisor B; about that and was told that 'advisor C' would deal with it when he comes back off holiday the next day.
-Eventually 'advisor C' emailed me at 4.15pm THE NEXT DAY to say he couldnt find my email.
-I emailed it to him again and then called ( spoke to 'advisor A' as it happens) to check it was there. Guess what? He's gone home now too.
-I complained, again, but was told to send it by post. She then gave me an address which she got wrong and had to correct.

Here I am, a week later and absolutely no further forward. What's the point of a warranty if it doesn't get acted on? There is no complaints dept, turns out that Worx are owned by Positec, a Chinese company by all accounts. The 'customer care' team operate out of a shed on an industrial esate in deepest Berkshire.

Added to that, if the product is deemed to be misused or not a warranty claim, the owner has to pay to get it returned.

Worx offer a great warrranty on paper, but a **** warranty in reality. I might just get another chuck myself and they can p1ss off.

Sponsored Links
Blimey makes you wonder if it's all worth it, maybe that's why they're the way they are, they have no intention of helping you or sending out a new tool.

I guess its to be expected with Chinese tools.

Our HS officer type woman bod in a previous meeting asked us all to list any tools we had and used that vibrated, drills, grinders, nail guns etc etc as she was in the process of compiling the trigger times for us to reduce the risks of hand arm vibration, most of the guys had company bought Ryobi tools, me on the other hand is like the one man dewalt road show if you open my van. We all gave her the serial numbers and she went away to get the relevant trigger times from them, after a few weeks she came back to us all and said Dewalt and Makita were the only 2 that had the info on their websites OR could gladly email all the info she needed which they did without any fuss, all the info within an hour, ryobi on the other hand she said were a nightmare, Chinese and unhelpful, they told her to contact the retailer. So B&Q here she comes, the MD of B&Q basically hadnt got a clue and said they werent obliged to supply trigger time data either on the box or within because ryobi is classed as a diy tool and not trade, she replied asking if the tools are available to buy through the tradepoint counters which he said they were, so basically by selling to the trade they needed by law I think to be able to supply the trigger times but apparently Ryobi cannot supply this info, so if you ever try and buy a ryobi tool through the tradepoint counter they'll direct you to the retail checkouts, I found it so funny because she can't get the trigger times she forced all the guys to throw their ryobi stuff in the skips and they all went out on a shopping spree, needles to say our MD wasn't too happy

Chinese tools, just keep clear

Same with any Chinky stuff really, it's good for a while then just a PITA when it breaks. Ryobi is just another huge corporate brand, I used to use Ryobi printing presses, which were good but hard to find anyone that could fix them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back