Cordless drill for home use - current screwfix offer???

A lot of posters on here sing the praises of Bosch blue, i have owned Bosch blue too and never had any trouble with them but if it had of then the story would of been the same as yours;wait in all day for the courier to pick up and againg to drop off, whichever make of tool you have you'd probably have to do the same so why the dewalt bashing.

I happen to have quite local to me a pretty good tool shop that is a Dewalt, Bosch, Hitachi, Panasonic, Milwalkee, Trend you name it dealer, owning a brand name tool means you get customer support, something you will not get with sheds own brands or even screwfixes own, why didn't you take your Dewalt to one of hundreds of authourised dealers and get it fixed, maybe they'd have got the parts in stock already or even robbed them off another just to get you back working again, thats certainly the impression i got from my local dealer

Sponsored Links
bought one of these for the apprentice and well impressed (not from this sellar)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/makita-18v-li..._SM&hash=item1c13e25f18#ht_500wt_1154[/QUOTE]

Nice looking drill but my local shop tells me makita li-on batteries have a flaw, they were apparently too quick to release their li-on stuff and didn't research or test the batteries enough and it appears if you let them flatten beyond a point that you or the drill don't know then the batteries develop a memory and will not charge up past that point, something lithium-ion technology was meant to cure ie no memory, dewalt delayed the release of their li-on kit and their batteries have a built in cut off point, this means the tool will perform all day long with no power drop of regardless of the state of charge in the battery, then all of a sudden it'll just stop, this is the point at which it needs charging, you physically cannot go beyond this point, clever dewalt batteries hey..............its like they have a mind of their own!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
My bosch blue screw gun does that. It'll be screwing away at full belt and then just stop all of a sudden.

Never knew why until now! :D

Had no probs with li-on makita tools, even got the 18v sds and its amazing gets used loads

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back