would like mains pressure hot water in new en-suite shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

we currently have a combi providing all the hot water and heating for a 4 bed house.
i've just added new empty en-suite (shower and sink) and would like to ideally have mains pressure hot water in there for a multijet shower system (so electric heater does not seem appropriate?).
I've been told about thermal stores but they dont seem particularly efficient.
We have loft space available above the en-suite.

Can anyone offer any advice/suggestions about what would be suitable?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
...and you're not using the combi because ...?

We need numbers:)

sorry, more info:

the combi also supplies the existing bathroom/kitchen DHW so for instance, when the bath is being used, theres no real pressure on any of the other hot water taps. Hence, this would mean that the new en-suite shower could not be used at the same time as any of the other hot water taps, especially the bath (which sort of reduces the usefulness of the en-suite somewhat!)

There is already an electric shower in the existing bathroom that works off the cold water mains.

I'd like some option to 'protect' the hot water for the proposed en-suite multijet system :)

TIA.

in terms of numbers, combi currently supplies
- kitchen sink + 2 basins + bath
- approx 7 rads

HTH.
cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends on how much you want to spend really. If your mains pressure and flow rate is sufficient you could get an unvented (mains pressure) hot water cylinder fitted. If you go for this there are two options; either run the cylinder as a zone off the combi's heating circuit, or swap the boiler as well and have a system boiler instead. Taking this further, you could have either just the new en-suite running off a small UV cylinder, or you could go for a larger cylinder and use it to supply the whole house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back