New en suite low hot water pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI very new to this site and have a problem with a new en suite just fitted.

I live in a bungalow, and all original hot and cold water pipework runs under the concrete floors. The hot comes out of the emersion tank down and to all the outlets. The system is gravity feed from a twin tank in the loft.

I have had an en suite fitted and the hot and cold pipes feeding the taps are routed up through the loft space and back down(the pipes are below the header tanks). The cold water is no problem as I have about 4 bar mains pressure but the hot water was ok but now only trickles.

Can anybody help?

Sponsored Links
who decided what taps to install in your bathroom ? high pressure taps(if fitted) are unsuitable for low pressure installations although it has to be said that the pipes going up into the loft space and then back down wont help.

who decided what taps to install in your bathroom ? high pressure taps(if fitted) are unsuitable for low pressure installations although it has to be said that the pipes going up into the loft space and then back down wont help.

Well the wife wanted the taps so we had to have them. I have been looking at the system again and there is a vent pipe going back to the header tank. Would it be possible when the taps in the original house are turned on it would cause a drop in the vent pipe and causing air to enter the system?

can you post a link to or have a name/model number for the taps you have fitted?

Sponsored Links
the minimum on this tap is 0.3 of a bar, I very much doubt you have that,you need to either change the tap or pressurise the hot water, cheapest solution would be to change the taps.

the minimum on this tap is 0.3 of a bar, I very much doubt you have that,you need to either change the tap or pressurise the hot water, cheapest solution would be to change the taps.

Can you change the inserts in the taps?

Or will I need to change the whole taps.

I dont think you can change inserts ? looks like you will be changing the whole tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back