would you put these in your house?? -- ebay switches.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boss likes these switches and we do need 2 switches replacing as one is just about switching and another one is just nasty and ugly.

But I don't see any reference to standards in the listing. so I am just after some opinions, Would you put these in your house? Styling aside, would you risk cheap switches bought off ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Trend...ectrical_Fittings_MJ&var=&hash=item53f914cae2

Thanks all.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It does say they are CE certified.

They are not that cheap.
The seller has 99.9% on 53,000+ sales.

I saw them on ebay and wondered who would have them.
Now I have an answer lol.

There are cheaper switches than that on ebay that look better too.

Sponsored Links
I saw them on ebay and wondered who would have them.
Now I have an answer lol.

There are cheaper switches than that on ebay that look better too.

Yup, my wife would have them. I agree they are pretty ugly and if it were up to me I would just pop to Screwfix and get normal white jobbies, pack of 5 for a fiver. But others she was looking at were 20 quid a switch and up.

I'm debating wether to tell her they are not up to the latest safety standard or something cos I don't really like them.

About a year ago I saw some switches very similar in appearance to these. The mains switching was by solid state switches controlled by flimsy rockers and had all the problems that solid state switches have,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back