wow a bosch 10.8/12v router

Sponsored Links
the voltage is rather low. Do brushless motors give "more bang per volt?"

yes about 40%more power ish for example dewalt 18v tools used to give a maximum around the 450-500w mark now they quote around the 750-800 mark
also for example the ryobi18v are 29000 so 13000 on the bosch [assuming reduction gearing for more power]should give a better capacity but at a slower feed rate
https://www.tooled-up.com/ryobi-r18tr-18v-cordless-trim-router/prod/308032/

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't understand why a product that should be connected to a dust extractor need to be cordless.

I don't understand why a product that should be connected to a dust extractor need to be cordless.

Because cordless dust extractors are a thing now. Not every job has live mains power.

I’ve been using the makita cordless router for the past week for hanging doors and would recommend it, it’s well balanced (even with a 5ah battery) has enough power if used properly (plunge in stages) and the batteries last a lot better than I anticipated
Job I’m on at the moment means running nearly a 100mtrs if extension lead out

Good call, tnx.

Edit----

Nevertheless the router doesn't seem to have a dust extraction port

Looks to be a major oversight on Bosches part but other cordless routers that I know to do have dust management options.

to be honest on a router thats more off trimmer is far more effected by extraction if it has a quite small base for better access this will mean any drag or pull from extraction will tend to drag the base off the surface causing uneven cuts
the material removal will tend to be much much less with perhaps 10-20% off a mains half inch being typical with only the few pushing the tool to or beyond sensible levels
i have several ryobi p600s and the maximum i will cut is a 7x7mm rebate anything else is multiple passes or a larger more powerful router

I have had the bosch router for a week now and I like it,
this is the first router I have ever owned so I thought I would start of small and portable
it seems easy to use.

Big-all
Have you seen the 10.8/12v bosch planner GHO 12v-20
i have a 50mm/2" ryobi 18v so cant justify another battery planer:rolleyes:
i dont have that problem with router/trimmers as i already have several ryobi p600 one + set up with individual cutters:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back