Writing a song about a rant about life - input invited

If people were paying attention, then 3 would be sufficient.

At 30mph and spaced apart I may agree with you but on a motorway at high speed 3 indicator flashes could easily be missed as you were scanning your rear view mirror and side mirrors before focusing on whats ahead again. My son in law was involved in an accident the other week where a police car rear ended him at 100mph. They hit him so hard it shunted his dashcam speed up from 58mph to 73mph before rapidly dropping down to zero as he scraped along the central barrier. They said he hadn't indicated, their dashcam showed he indicated more than 3 times.

Sponsored Links

At 30mph and spaced apart I may agree with you but on a motorway at high speed 3 indicator flashes could easily be missed as you were scanning your rear view mirror and side mirrors before focusing on whats ahead again. My son in law was involved in an accident the other week where a police car rear ended him at 100mph. They hit him so hard it shunted his dashcam speed up from 58mph to 73mph before rapidly dropping down to zero as he scraped along the central barrier. They said he hadn't indicated, their dashcam showed he indicated more than 3 times.

You mentioned this crash a while ago, how did SIL get on ? I can alter the number of flashes on my car for single touch, think I have it set for 5 now.

Sponsored Links
Not when you're half way across the lane after one flash. Remember it's to indicate your intention, not claim right of way; so give other drivers plenty of notice of your intentions. It also shows you have the ability to think ahead and anticipate hazards.
Anyhow, however poetic that last sentence was, I'm not sure I could make a chorus out of it.

... on a motorway at high speed 3 indicator flashes could easily be missed as you were scanning your rear view mirror and side mirrors before focusing on whats ahead again
Hope he's OK, but if he was indeed scanning the mirrors (and reacting to what he saw) wouldn't he have seen the bright blue flashing lights bearing down in the (assumed) outside lane? It also shows that even well trained drivers can make mistakes too; Chernobyl didn't happen because just one safety system was overridden.

Got to find a way to put 'middle lane drivers' in that song now....but would prefer to put them up against the wall.

Listening to the radio where the person is speaking well with a pleasant voice then it's news and traffic time so it changes to a screechy little girl who has never had an English lesson and has tried to get rid of her northern accent but can't manage the 'U's.

New item: Where have all the weatherMEN gone? (and news readers too)
I think that line is a chorus in itself.

Like the Gas Safe Register wanting to call us gas fitters 'engineers'?
Isn't that like the triage nurse being re-titled 'consultant'?
*Note the correct context for 'like', meaning 'alike'.
Speak for yourself,I studied engineering until 21,,worked in electrical engineering,,gas work ever since,,Reckon I deserve to be called an engineer,,without the stuffy title of some poncy institute I have joined.

The pen pushers in charge of local councils

Political party members

Hope he's OK, but if he was indeed scanning the mirrors (and reacting to what he saw) wouldn't he have seen the bright blue flashing lights bearing down in the (assumed) outside lane? It also shows that even well trained drivers can make mistakes too; Chernobyl didn't happen because just one safety system was overridden.

Got to find a way to put 'middle lane drivers' in that song now....but would prefer to put them up against the wall.

SIL was in the middle lane and car in front was slowing down quickly for no apparent reason. SIL's camera shows he was a reasonable distance away from said car so decided to go past on the outside. His camera shows he was about to pass the front of that car when he was struck from behind. He states when he checked his mirrors there was 'a car' a long way back in the outside lane and he did not see any flashing lights. He considered he had plenty of time to move out safely. You can hear his indicators start clicking about 2 seconds before he begins to move out. 6 seconds later his van is struck and picks up speed from 58mph to 73mph before rapidly dropping as he came to a stop.
Physically he is still a bit sore but it's easing off as time goes by. Psychologically he is a bit nervous when overtaking other vehicles and makes sure there is nothing at all in the lane he wants to enter. His employer is 'considering' fitting rear cameras to the vehicles at some time in the future.

Sponsored Links
Back