Wtaer Pressure Loss from Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why does my boiler keep losing pressure over night and the overflow pipe leaks periodically.

I have thermostatic radiators values on all the rads execpt one.

Sponsored Links
Hi Carlo (bello nome) :D

Is your filling loop disconnected from the boiler. It could be turned on or letting by. :cry:

Sounds like pressure relief valve isn't sealing - either dirt or needs a new one. Try opening it and letting some pressure away to clear muck and then re-pressure.

Sponsored Links
The boiler now when the heating comes on builds up to 2.5bars before the prv lets go and reduces the pressure.
Could this be a faulty expansion vessel?

May need pumping up to correct pressure or replacing.
:(
Not a job for you and you will need to call a Corgi.

You might get away without a CORGI if you try to pump it up yourself.

Its possible that you could do some damage as well.

Tony

The boiler is a Glow worm 24ci. I have re-pressurised the expansion vessel, but the bar pressure still risers very quickly to 2.5bars when either just the water or heating is on.

Could the overheat thermostat be faulty?

Yes, but did you reprressurise it with the system OPEN to atmospheric pressure as you were pumping ???

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
Yes, but did you reprressurise it with the system OPEN to atmospheric pressure as you were pumping ???

Tony Glazier

Can you please explain what you mean by the system open? Do you mean undoing the automatic air vent on top of the pump?

No I just ensured the expansion vessel was set at 0.5bars.

The "system" means the water part, a radiator bleed screw loose for example!

Should be air pressured to 0.9 bar, system closed and water pressure increased to 1.5 Bar.

Tony Glazier

interestingly had one 2 months ago the flexible exp, tube was blocked giving same symptons as faulty exp. vess. cleares tube no probs. since

You identify that problem by seeing if the air pressure increases from 0.9 Bar to the 1.5 Bar system as the water side is repressurised.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back