Y Plan Boiler Not Turning On

That sounds like a boiler fault, so I think you need the services of an RGI. From the Worcester Greenstar Ri manual:

ff.JPG

But there still appears to be something wrong with the heating control though as well, if you can try the floppy lever test and make the link to the white wire I might be able to advise further on that. The good news is that the hot water controls seem OK.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a boiler fault, so I think you need the services of an RGI. From the Worcester Greenstar Ri manual:

ff.JPG

But there still appears to be something wrong with the heating control though as well, if you can try the floppy lever test and make the link to the white wire I might be able to advise further on that. The good news is that the hot water controls seem OK.

View attachment 174996

Hi thanks for all your help. Going to call it a day I think as it is starting to get beyond my abilities. Very frustrating as the install was carried out in 2011 by a gas safe engineer so has clearly been working so not sure how the wiring is so dodgy! Really get the feeling it's going to be a silly simple fix but have had no luck so far!

Very frustrating as the install was carried out in 2011 by a gas safe engineer so has clearly been working so not sure how the wiring is so dodgy!

Well there is the apparent lack of an earth to the supply terminals and the bare exposed wires into the terminals. Gas Safe doesn't necessary mean electrically good or safe..

Sponsored Links
Well there is the apparent lack of an earth to the supply terminals and the bare exposed wires into the terminals. Gas Safe doesn't necessary mean electrically good or safe..
Very true, scary to think this was installed as part of a council scheme to keep the elderly warm...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back