Y plan component placement.

Great info there, thankyou.
The pump can go on either flow or return as space allows for this in the vicinity of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Great info there, thankyou.
The pump can go on either flow or return as space allows for this in the vicinity of the boiler.
Had another thought, if you go for pumped return, better to have pump - boiler - open vent - cold feed, to release any air bubbles that come out in the boiler. As on attached sketch (ignore the figures, that was for a different job)

Attachments

• Pumped return.pdf
    534 KB · Views: 58
Further question,,
As I understand it , it is advisable to fit a radiator directly across the boiler this usually being the bathroom radiator.
Can this be fitted directly to the boiler flow and return ?
What about the return from the cylinder being the last tee before the boiler ? Does it make a difference which side of the tee the radiator is connected to ?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it , it is advisable to fit a radiator directly across the boiler this usually being the bathroom radiator.
Can this be fitted directly to the boiler flow and return ?
I suppose you mean having one rad without a TRV, so there is always a flow path. It still has to be pumped, so in parallel with all the other rads.
What about the return from the cylinder being the last tee before the boiler ? Does it make a difference which side of the tee the radiator is connected to ?
All the rad returns must be commoned before the cylinder return comes in. Otherwise when on HW only the rads will get warm. Because the cylinder return water has 2 paths, one to the boiler return, the other one set of rads (the "wrong" way) then through the other set the right way, then to the boiler return. You can see it if you sketch a flow diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back