Yale 6400 PIR LED Flash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone give me some advice. I have just bought & fittrd a Yale 6400 (and 6200 for extra sensors, siren & remote keypad). Everything seems to be working, but the LEDs in the PIRs never flash. They are detecting movement during a walk test, and I have even set one to "Entry" and the control panel chimes every time, but never any sign of the LED, except when I first set them up by pressing the button on the PIR - is this normal, as I thought the LED should flash ?

Seems like a really good system, so far, but just this LED (or lack of) is niggling me.

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
The leds have a sleep mode to protect battery life so the light wont always flash. Leave a room for a minute and walk back in and they should flash as they 'wake' up after they haven't detected movement for a minute. Of course when they have detected movement a few times they then will stop flashing again.

I've done that - left room empty for ages, they are working as confirmed by the fact that the PIR does detect my presence when I enter (chime on control unit), everything works except the LEDs on the PIRs do not flash.
Is this maybe a new version of firmware to extend battery life ?
Firmware is obviously updated from time to time, as my control panel has option for LCD backlight always on, which doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Is it the LEDs or PIRs that have the sleep mode ??

Sponsored Links
The pirs still detect movement they just dont then send a signal to the panel as indicated by the red led coming on.

Baffled here because every pir I have installed has flashed until in sleep mode!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back