Yale 6400 series

if you can't give sound advice and help on this forum, then get off, because you obviously no nothing of any use

Have a look at his, or her, previous posts, as much use as a penguin with a fish allergy. No help whatsoever.

Sponsored Links
Fine, you obviously know it all and don't want any further suggestions on security for your (expensive?) caravan's protection, you carry on.

I'd bet money I could 'do' your van when you are out shopping one Saturday afternoon.

That is not a threat by the way, just confidence in what I learned and know about security over many years.

Before 'D' jumps in again, just to let you know I've worked for and still do work for one,or other, of the top national security companies for 90% of my working life.

Anything from sheds, small houses all the way up to the Olympic Park and everything in between that you could possibly think of, plus others that I can't even mention.

So, don't forget, I "obviously no nothing of any use"

Actually I have a PIR and door sensor in the caravan, as I said I'm more concerned about the contents, and with the door contacts on 24/7 I'm reasonably sure I'm well protected
If they are wireless linked to the house alarm then try this experiment. With the alarm set move the van away from the house without opening the door and see how long it is before the alarm discovers two of it's sensors are out of range. With the sensors out of range the items inside the van are no longer protected.

Fine, you obviously know it all and don't want any further suggestions on security for your (expensive?) caravan's protection, you carry on.

I'd bet money I could 'do' your van when you are out shopping one Saturday afternoon.

That is not a threat by the way, just confidence in what I learned and know about security over many years.

Before 'D' jumps in again, just to let you know I've worked for and still do work for one,or other, of the top national security companies for 90% of my working life.

Anything from sheds, small houses all the way up to the Olympic Park and everything in between that you could possibly think of, plus others that I can't even mention.

So, don't forget, I "obviously no nothing of any use"

Wow, the Olympics yer, prob worked for G4 S then, say no more

Sponsored Links
Actually I have a PIR and door sensor in the caravan, as I said I'm more concerned about the contents, and with the door contacts on 24/7 I'm reasonably sure I'm well protected
If they are wireless linked to the house alarm then try this experiment. With the alarm set move the van away from the house without opening the door and see how long it is before the alarm discovers two of it's sensors are out of range. With the sensors out of range the items inside the van are no longer protected.

It's the contents I'm concerned about, the van itself is quite secure, so quite confident the alarm will do its job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back