Yale 6400 wirefree alarm keyfob problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just installed the Yale HSA 6400 wireless alarm system and it all went very well. For anyone looking at this sytem, I found the components themselves to be of good quality and the features contained within the unit to be very comprehensive.
I have had one problem with the remote key fob that I bought with the system and that it will not learn into the system. I set it all up using 'first time install' and everything went in ok (4 PIRs, remote keypad, 2x door contacts) but the keyfob will just not learn !!! I reset the whole system saturday morning, assuming it was my mistake, went through the first time install again, and yes everything went ok, apart from keyfob :rolleyes:
I thought maybe it was because bell box was not up on wall, or that for some reason it needed to be added last, but no, everything is now installed but it still wont learn in. Even tried a new battery, just in case the one supplied was dud. . . . No joy. . . . E-mailed Yale, but still waiting . . . . . Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
You don't have to re do the whole system to add a device.

Choose pr then enter your code and then press the tick button

from the menu choose devices then tick
then choose add new device and then tick

it will ask you to press the button on the device to add.

Press the arm button on the keyfob and the red led on the fob will light up.
Follow further on screen instructions to complete the task.
Use top back space key to exit menu.

I am assuming of course that when you took the fob from the packet that you installed the battery found in the bottom of the moulded packaging. :(

Your not the only one with this problem. i have two keyfobs, one will not add to the system and the other one will add to the system but will not disarm even after going out the entry and coming back in the entry. Totally pointless having a keyfob if it will not disarm!

contacted Yale regarding the issue 01902 364606 and basically they did not have a clue and suggested they could send out replacements or I could return the items to Homebase.

So I suggest your Keyfob is faulty and should also be returned.
If the new Keyfob does not work then it will be the control panel which will need replacing

Sponsored Links
Thanks. In response - yes, I inserted battery into key fob (observing correct polarity), and even tried another battery (of the same size!) to be sure I wasn't supplied a dead one with the keyfob. Still no joy. Easy enough to add more devices to system ,so pretty sure I got that right.

Still had no answer from Yale, dispite a re-send of my origional e-mail which is very, very disappointing :oops: :cry: Makes me wonder how they can make such a good system ,but have no support . . . . . . when things go wrong, they should be accountable :(

Contacted the seller of the keyfob, and he is going to swap it out for another unit, will hopefully sort it tomorrow. Will keep you posted. . . . Cheers guys - this is what the internet is for ! ? !

Guys - an update. Yale eventually sent me a replacement fob, which has been working perfectly. After 3 chase up calls asking the whereabouts of my replacement, I got the impression during one conversation that Yale had a bit of a problem with a batch of these fobs and they mentioned they were "keeping an eye on the situation" !
Still a recommended purchase though. Thinking of fitting one to my in-laws property. Cheers

Ok, I've had the same problem as I could only manage to arm the alarm with the remote but couldn't disarm...

Here is what you need to do:

You need to set your sensor point as your entry point. So if your control panel is in the hallway and you have a sensor (or the main door contact) set that device as your entry point via.... adv settings, edit devices and set that device as as ENTRY

Once you have set the device up as the entry point, make sure you set the timings on (20 or 30 seconds) once you have triggered this device (when you walk in) press the unlock button on your key fob...

That should disarm the alarm without having to enter the pin.... :D

Nothing like resurrecting a 21 month old thread, I expect it has been solved or binned by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back