Yale Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help? I just fitted a Yale 6300 alarm, all works ok except I can't get the entry warning bleep to work on the entry door? Gone into settings and set this to sound, but will not work. The exit works.

If someone could help? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi, when you are in the menu system choose devices and then edit devices.
go down tne list till you find the device relating to your front door, this will be dc01 or dc02 usually.
When you select the correct one with the tick button make sure it is set as an entry device by using the cursor and tick .
If it is set correctly then go back to the first menu and select advance settings.
Press tick when the cursor is next to door chime and then make sure the cursor is over chime on and press tick. 7se the backspae button to exxit the menus . . Job done.

Hi Thanks for that, I did all this but everything works except this, don't know what else to do? :confused: I just went into Advance settings and Entry and Door chime are on, but still not working? The door does alarm, this works ok,but no chime, any other ideas please :oops: ?

I am kind of stumped here!!

As long as you have set an entry device then the chime will work when the option is selected and the entry device is opened .

Just make sure you tick ok after changing a setting by pressing the tick key after you have altered the cursor poition. If you just move the cursor to the correct setting but then back straight out the change is lost.

Sponsored Links
Just realised there is one other reason the chime wont work.

If you have set the magnet too far from the door contact transmitter (less than 8mm reqd) then it wont register the contact opening and closing and therefore wont chime...

Hi John45

No, the contact is just about touching on the Entry door. I will try what you sy in the morning, I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help.

Syl

Don't laugh, I had a look at the Entry Door contact again and, even though it triggered the alarm, it was not strong enough to make the chime work, because I had put the contact the wrong way about.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Syl :oops: :oops: :LOL:

Don't laugh, I had a look at the Entry Door contact again and, even though it triggered the alarm, it was not strong enough to make the chime work, because I had put the contact the wrong way about.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Syl :oops: :oops: :LOL:

Cool glad you sorted it. I suspected it was a lack of magnetic signal once the programming had been verified.

.. and no I would never laugh. In fact every time I find someone has made a mistake it builds my knowledge base for future use so my thanks are to you.

Hi John45

Thanks for the kind remarks. Can't believe how I did this error! I lookede at the instruction book over and over again, but did not see what I did wrong, so easy to do.

Regards Syl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back