Yale EF Telecomms Alarm - No Dial Out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've seeen a few threads on here similar to this regarding the dial out of an Yale alarm using the search function but really struggling to get any real answers from those threads.

I have fully installed the EF kit, which all seems fine. Now I thought I would use the test telephone option and check my mobile was dialed to from the Control Panel.

Nothing happens. (I have recorded a message by the way). I have the telephone cable coming out of the control panel straight to the BT face plate. I can see it dialing my mobile number (all looks correct)

I can dial out no problems when I plug a phone directly into the socket. However I did only test the RJ11 port not the larger one below, perhaps that may be my issue here...Maybe I will have to buy an RJ11 to RJ11 cable.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
its a diy panel so best option is to phone Yales tech support.

My understanding is these kits come with what they need as standard to get you up and running.

They probably don't account for filters and non working sockets.

its a diy panel so best option is to phone Yales tech support.

My understanding is these kits come with what they need as standard to get you up and running.

They probably don't account for filters and non working sockets.
Heard Yale's support is somewhat terrible. But I think my first step will be testing both of the socket ports as I only tested the RJ11 one with a handheld phone.

Sponsored Links
Terrible or not should be the first port of call(you might drop lucky), there are very few installers on here that would touch Yale particular the kit that isn't graded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back