Yale HSA 2000 House Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved home, which has a Yale HSA 2000 alarm installed. The previous owners advised that the alarm didn't work and they were unsure of the pin code.

I have downloaded the manual from the Yale website and have managed to re-set the system to it's factory setting and installed all the motion sensors but when trying to arm the system I just get a error code D1 on the control panel.

I have tried to ring and e-mail the Yale customer helpline but have received no response from their support team.

Can anyone please help?

Sponsored Links
the 2000 is an extremely old model, I'm afraid that if you have managed to get hold of the manual, you're probably as well up as anyone. I have only used the 3000 and the 6000 series.

You could try the factory reset again, then add sensors one at a time, seeing if it will arm at any point.

I presume there is no mention of error codes in the book?

p.s.
by my reading, "D" appears to indicate a wired detector is open, followed by its zone number. See 3.8 para "e"

Try 5.5.

I presumed it was a pretty old system when I downloaded the manual from the 'discontinued' section on the Yale website.

I was hoping to save a few £'s by trying to bring the alarm back to life as it seems in pretty good working order.

I have re-set the system back to the factory setting twice and installed each sensor individually a couple of times now but still get the code D1 on the control panel when trying to arm the system. The bizarre thing is the control panel detects all the sensors perfectly well during the walk test so I know they are installed correctly.

The troubleshooting section in the manual unhelpfully does not refer to any error codes when trying to arm the system.

Thank you for your reply though.

try disconnecting the hardwired sensor, zone 1.

(at the panel)

Sponsored Links
With not knowing much about these things I did re-check the manual and wonder if there were any hard wired detectors that I had not noticed.

I had a look around the house and couldn't see any detectors other than the PIR ones I had installed. Would I be able to detect hard wired detectors by looking inside the control panel?

I will have another look tonight and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

don't know, but the instruction book does seem to describe the hard-wired connectors, and says they can only be removed by disconnecting at the panel. If you are lucky, it will be an old door sensor that has been pulled off at the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back