Yale HSA 6400 CPU voice speaks 'low battery'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone please help? The CPU on my Yale HSA has suddenly started to bleep every 60 seconds or so a few times with a voice saying 'Low Battery'. This happens every few hours i.e. every 3-4 hours (in the middle of the night last night) then after a couple of times it stops. There is no fault LED lit nor does there appear to be anything amiss. I recently changed all the batteries in everything e.g. alarm box outside, PIRs, and two door contacts. I know there's a standby battery inside the CPU but I don't think this needs to be replaced as I think it's rechargable anyway and it's always been plugged in to the mains. I'd be grateful for any help as I'm desperate to stop it.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I feel such an idiot! Please disregard my earlier cry for help on my talking alarm. I did actually phone the Yale helpline (which I didn't know existed as 3-4 years ago I was never able to get through) who told me that none of their products actually 'spoke' warning messages. I then realised that it was the doorbell box which was directly on the floor underneath the CPU. I would never have believed that such a cheap device (I only paid a few pounds) would tell me when it's batteries were low! At least it gave the woman at Yale helpline a good laugh!

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back