Yale HSA6400 or Yale Easy Fit Telecommunication Alarm?

be aware, if you are looking for a low-cost, DIY system that you can install yourself in a couple of hours, there are people who will try to scare you with unquantified allegations.

See if you can get Bernard to tell you how many such alarms in ordinary domestic houses, in ordinary residential streets, he estimates have failed to operature during a burglary due to RF interference (he won't because there is no evidence to support his tale)

He does like to trot out his vague smears whenever he sees the word "Yale" on this forum. He is always very offended when I point it out.

Sponsored Links
It is true any wireless alarm could be jammed BUT if you are worried about being targeted by a thief of this integrity, you should not be fitting an alarm yourself.

We are an NSI gold accredited company in Bristol and normally we would always fit the Visonic powermax.......it is complex and not really a DIY alarm but if your prepared to study manual you will succeed....

Ignore the silly comments about jamming alarms...in 30 years of installing, I've never heard of a thief successfully jamming an alarm.

On the Yale subject, it's better than no alarm and seems to be reliable enough.

We have just been asked to supply and fit the Yale smart alarm.....Yale have no stock and we cannot find a source. The customer is adamant they want this alarm......anyone know where to source?

Thx
Matt

Sponsored Links
Thx guys!

Indeed its not a DIY alarm...You can only obtain via Yale and have fitted by the installation division??????????See their website, thats really going to put installers off!

YALE HAVE A GRADE 2 868Mhz Wireless ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a UK company is planning to take on Visonic...they'll have a long way to go! At least the manual seems superbly readable :)

Will post when we fit on Wednesday........

Last edited by a moderator:
Rehashing an old post here but does anyone know the answer to the original question which if I've read correctly is "what's the difference between the Yale models HSA6400 and the Easy Fit Telecommunicating Alarm - Kit 2.
I'm looking into this now and as well as what is mention by the OP there's around a £100 extra cost for the EFTA2 yet both kits appear to do the same thing.

If I was buying, I would buy the HSA6400 as the only real difference is the operating frequency which the Yale EF runs on 868 and the 6400 runs on 433Mhz......save your pennies!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back