Yale HSA6400 suddenly stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had our Yale 6400 installed for about 4 years and it's been working just fine until today. My other half suddenly noticed that the doors weren't beeping when opened. Now we've realised that the remote keypad also isn't responding. The lights on the keypad are lighting up but it's not making any sounds. The main alarm panel seems to be working fine except that it's reset the date and time to 1 June at 00:00. The PIR's and sensors are still all programmed in but I can't get anything to respond. We've had no battery warnings and the main panel is charged. The alarm can be switched on from the main panel. We don't think we've had a power cut or anything. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
4 years old and suddenly not working, have you looked at replacing any batteries?

Yes. The PIR's etc have had new batteries as needed- we've always had error alert sounds on the panel when they needed them, but nothing this time. The sounder also had a new battery in the summer. I've tried replacing the battery in the keypad but it's made no difference. The main panel is connected to the mains and seems to be working. There are no error codes on the panel or lights showing. Nothing else has changed (so nothing has been moved, no changes to the location of the wifi router or anything), and it's not against a party wall so nothing on the other side interfering either.

Have you or your neighbour(s) had a Smart meter fitted. ? It is a Smart meter that appears to have knocked out the 433.92 MHz remote control lights at a friend's house

Sponsored Links
No, no smart meters. It's on an outside wall and we're the end of the road so no neighbours to worry about.

You say the control panel is jammed at 00.00.00?

And not responding to the sensors?

Then let's suppose you have a control panel fault.

Take it off the wall and move it to another part of the house (this may remove it from sources of jamming, but I doubt that is the problem).

Start by unplugging it from the power supply and switching the backup battery off (switch is behind rubber plug on the back)

Leave it overnight, then switch back on, plug in, try to start it up, look at the fault log and clear it.

If that doesn't help, you can reset the panel to factory default. This involves pressing buttons repeatedly. Have a look in the instruction book. You will have to re-learn all the devices afterwards by following the Installation Instructions in full.

BTW if you are tinkering it may be helpful to take the siren off the wall and bring it inside, wrapped in cushions to muffle it, to avoid annoying your neighbours with false alarms.

The control panel isn't stuck at 00:00, it just seems to have reset to 1 June and restarted at 00:00. It's now moving forward.

I was so hoping to avoid having to take the box off the wall. It's really inaccessible!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back