Yale Keyless Connected smart lock - compatibility with 40mm nightlatches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
I bought a Yale Keyless Connected smart lock and on reading the support docs it says that it only supports 60mm nightlatches. Sods law is that my front door is a 40mm ERA nightlatch and obviously changing that is going to leave a great big hole in the door.

Does anyone know why it doesn't support 40mm - e.g. is it that there might not quite be clearance to physically fit it and allow the door to open, or is there another reason?

I've measured up and I think that I have physical room to fit it, I might have to chisel out a tiny bit of the frame - fitting this thing involves drilling a 20mm additional hole in the door so I don't want to make any modifications at all unless I know it's going to work!

Sponsored Links
I would imagine because of the size of the lock it would need quite a fair bit of the frame chopping out to fit, this is something thats not easy to make it not look crap

If your door is painted you could just fill in the hole left by buying a wider nightlatch and give it a fresh coat of paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back