yale lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have to gain entry to a room with a yale lock on it as the keys have been lost (pub letting room) was wondering if there is an easy way to this or will i just have to force it open and hope the damage is not too bad :eek: i know how to open locked double glazing doors was wondering if the same method could be used :?: any help would be appreciated. lock smith wanted £125 to open it :eek:

Sponsored Links
some bendy plastic sheet (ie cut up a pop bottle or milk container) will probably open it. you will have to push it round the rebate and fiddle it back and forth until it springs the latch open.

If the door's too tight to get a plastic strip round the rebate lever off the doorstop about half an inch in the middle and you should be able to slip the catch easily. Just cross your fingers that it isn't a deadlock on the other side.

Sponsored Links
Yeah - no problem, but we like to solve problems with a bit more finesse in this forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back