Yale smart alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a key fob, but I accidentally deleted the siren from the list of active device, how can I now remove the siren cover without activating the tamper protection?
Any help please!!
Ggman29

Sponsored Links
As far as I know, you can't.

Even the majority, if not all, professional alarms sounders activate the tamper, when 'tampered with', why shouldn't they.

But there again you are talking about a Yale alarm, but even that should operate

If the siren isn't part of your setup and is operating standalone then I doubt there's a way to silence it as that would defeat its purpose. You will have to relearn it into your system by taken it off the wall and pressing the learn button (if its the system I think you have) and putting up with the siren going off for a bit while you do that (unless it naturally doesn't activate when its not joined to a system)

Thank you for your reply
I tried today to see if the siren still communicating with my smart phone, I heard the chirping sound when arming and disarming so that mean that may be possible to use the facility siren tamper off for 1 hr on the siren setting menu.
I will try tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorted it out today, the facility siren tamper off did work and I was able to learn in the key fobs without any inconvenient noise, didn't and now don't think that this Yale alarm is that bad, as lots of pro stated, time will tell.
Thank you for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back