Yandles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone ever bought anything from them? What do you think of their stuff?

I've ordered an air filter on Tuesday evening and the expected date for delivery was next Monday/Tuesday (23rd/24th). Got an email today to say it is coming tomorrow and they will text me with a 1 hour delivery slot. Brilliant service if it does.
I've bought the Record 400AC c/w support hooks and chains and spare outer filter for just under £182 Similar unit from Axminster, (who I have used before), is £162.99 with no support hooks, (£18.99), no chains, (£7.99 I think), and a spare outer filter, (£17.49)
Reviews of performance, reliability etc are very similar on each respective site so hopefully I've bagged a bit of a bargain.

Sponsored Links
I’ve not used myself, but the name appears often on UKworkshop a woodworking forum, I’ve always heard good things. yandles are very established.

I see you are from Suffolk - I’m currently on holiday there in Boxford near Sunbury. Went to Lavenham yesterday…..those winky wonky houses are amazing

I’ve not used myself, but the name appears often on UKworkshop a woodworking forum, I’ve always heard good things. yandles are very established.

I see you are from Suffolk - I’m currently on holiday there in Boxford near Sunbury. Went to Lavenham yesterday…..those winky wonky houses are amazing

They are absolutely stunning. Did you go round the back of the Swan Hotel? One of the houses, called De Vere House, behind there was used in the last Harry Potter film as Harrys house. Another one on the main thoroughfare was up for sale 2 years ago for £1.3m All grade 1 listed. I live not too far away from Lavenham.

I have never used them.

I came across their site last October when I was looking to purchase a Record BS250 bandsaw. The DM Tools site was £30 cheaper. That said, DM was cheaper than anyone else so they might have a special deal with Record.

As Notch says, Yandles have a good reputation in the British woodworking forums. I do not recall ever seeing anyone maligning them. I would not hesitate to buy from them (subject to price).

Sponsored Links
Got the filter and it great. Quietly sits in the corner humming away when I'm creating any mess. Had a quick look after about 2 hours use and there is a very fine film of dust in the filters but they still look new. I deliberately put a block on one of the benches and after removing the block there was minimal difference between the surface of the bench and the part under the block. I then left the filter off and did an hours similar work, (cutting, planing, sanding etc). The amount of dust on the bench, (and obviously in the air), was quite different proving it does what it says.
I should say, in both 'experiments' I was also using dust extraction on my tools to minimise airborne dust anyway.
Will certainly be looking at Yandles for future tools in my comparisons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back