Yellow stains under ornaments on windowsills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is their a reason why my windowsills are stained yellow where ornaments are? They got repainted twelve months ago with water based undercoat and dulux water based gloss. Everything was sanded before hand. The rest of the windowsill is still sparkling white. Just under things that arent moved often except when dusting it is now yellow. The yellow is the except shape of the bottom of the ornament. I find it strange considering water based was used. I thought water based didnt yellow

Sponsored Links
The technology is supposed to be improving. Move the ornaments, and the sunlight will bleach the paint white.

the yellow patches are where sunlight has been blocked. This is more often noticed on sunny windowsills.

I agree, it is common on the early low VOC paints.

Yeah, moving your ornaments around regularly works a treat and keeps SWMBO happy!

Sponsored Links
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/3155/3155-h/3155-h.htm

“What is the colour of the men?” said a deep voice in answer.

“White is their colour.”

“Slay not,” was the reply. “Four suns since was the word brought to me from ‘She-who-must-be-obeyed,’ ‘White men come; if white men come, slay them not.’ Let them be brought to the house of ‘She-who-must-be-obeyed.’ Bring forth the men, and let that which they have with them be brought forth also.”

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back