Yet another F&E tank overflow

Umbongo said:
Well I've produced a diagram using Word but I can't download it into the post. As far as I can see the flow is:

Boiler => Pump => Hot Water Cylinder => Return pipe =>Boiler
....................... => Valve => Radiators => Return pipe => Boiler

After the pump there's a 3-way junction but HW is never turned off unless cylinder thermo operates. Room thermo operates to open the valve to the radiator circuit.

email it to me then click on my profile

Sponsored Links
What's an aerjec?
A device designed to separate air from water, so that it DEFINITELY goes up the open vent and not round and round the heating system.
IMHO, best avoided and usually completely unnecessary on properly designed systems.

They can only separate BUBBLES of air, not dissolved oxygen and therefore can do very little to prevent corrosion in a system with an air leak.

croydoncorgi said:
What's an aerjec?
A device designed to separate air from water, so that it DEFINITELY goes up the open vent and not round and round the heating system.
IMHO, best avoided and usually completely unnecessary on properly designed systems.

They can only separate BUBBLES of air, not dissolved oxygen and therefore can do very little to prevent corrosion in a system with an air leak.

99.99% certain there's no aerjec

Umbongo

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
Umbongo said:
Well I've produced a diagram using Word but I can't download it into the post. As far as I can see the flow is:

Boiler => Pump => Hot Water Cylinder => Return pipe =>Boiler
....................... => Valve => Radiators => Return pipe => Boiler

After the pump there's a 3-way junction but HW is never turned off unless cylinder thermo operates. Room thermo operates to open the valve to the radiator circuit.

email it to me then click on my profile

Did you get my email? If you did was it any help?

Umbongo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back